VAG turbo wont fit

C00PRA

:lol:hi i am wondering if any one has had this problem?
i have recently recieved a turbo from Turbo dynamics a VAG stage 1 pd150. i was told by tem that this would fit straight in to my mrk 4 cupra tdi with no problems.

the mechanic fitting it has just rang me and advised that the restrictor pipe wont fit and other pipes will not line up.

i told TD that i had no other mods and they said no problem?

has any one got any advise because it seems i am throwing money in a hole

i would grately appriate any help as this is becoming a nightmare

C00PRA

its a regular garage for mercades,

shall i get TD to ring him and speak to him do you think?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Clocking the turbo is simple. Just realise some bolt turn the turbo to correct postion and tightern bolts. If they cannot do a simple clocking turbo job then as you suggest get then to phone TD.

C00PRA

i will just ask them to ring himas i am sure he would of tried everything, cheers mate

i herd that this should fit straight in off a few people on this site so i hope it is the wrong part. or it clocks into place

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
Is this basicly the rotation of the turbos housings ? because i think i will be ordering another turbo soon and have been told that the orientation is different with it being designed to work on VW's ?
So if i ordered this turbo would i then have to change the orientation or get some different pipewrok ?

RossIBIZATDI

RossTDI
Dec 26, 2007
:lol:hi i am wondering if any one has had this problem?
i have recently recieved a turbo from Turbo dynamics a VAG stage 1 pd150. i was told by tem that this would fit straight in to my mrk 4 cupra tdi with no problems.

the mechanic fitting it has just rang me and advised that the restrictor pipe wont fit and other pipes will not line up.

i told TD that i had no other mods and they said no problem?

has any one got any advise because it seems i am throwing money in a hole

i would grately appriate any help as this is becoming a nightmare

Alright mate,

How much did it cost you if you don't mind me asking?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Is this basicly the rotation of the turbos housings ? because i think i will be ordering another turbo soon and have been told that the orientation is different with it being designed to work on VW's ?
So if i ordered this turbo would i then have to change the orientation or get some different pipewrok ?

Yes clocking is rotation of the turbos housings. As to the turbo you are thinking about buying without part/model numbers of the turbo and engine the turbo is from and going to i cannot help you.

C00PRA

lads i think i got it sorted, TD rang me and said that they have sent me a stage 2 VAG pd150,
so they are schedueling the new one to arrive on monday
model number for the stage 1 VAG from TD is MD374
the price i paid for it including VAT and delivery is 1216 pound

by the way cheers guys for helping appriciate it hope this is the right one

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.