90bhp leon wanting a bit more power

LukeyPritchard

im after abit more speed from my tdi :) ..with this being my first diesel not sure whats really best. ive only had the car for 2months and is complety standerd at the min,

brad1

get a exhaust for it, id say get rid of cat and back box, if you want it to give a nice roar when you put your foot down, and get a remap

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Just get a remap - I wouldnt bother doing the exhaust really unless your going for big power.

brad1

Just get a remap - I wouldnt bother doing the exhaust really unless your going for big power.

it seemed to free up alot of revs when i did mine, even just chopping the back box off i noticed a difference, or just get rid of the back box, mufflerectomy, your choice tho mate

also replace the air filter so a aftermarket one such as green cotton or pipecross etc, actually i have a pipecross panel filter for sale, only done 200 miles, only want £25 posted for it

Last edited by a moderator:

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
You can see both side to this. Yes you will benefit from a more free flowing exhaust and a few extra ponies to boot.

However the cost/benefit is no where near as much as just a remap.

It's the age old choice of how deep are your pockets and how far do you want to go.

I would go with just a remap and save up for something with a bit more oomph over the next couple of years.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Just to add, it was the first thing I did when I picked up my 90bhp Pug last year. Its probably about 120bhp now. It has not had anything else done to it and that's they way it'll stay.

Hopefully your car will also be a little more economical too following the remap in normal driving conditions (2mpg). Don't ask why.. it just does (more efficient).

LukeyPritchard

remap sounds like the way forward:) how much am i looking for that thn mate? ano wat brad was sayin about the revs tho wen am gettin to 3500 revs sounds like im hurting the car lol.. good about the fuel like,, atm im getin 130miles off a 10er:)..

brad1

remap sounds like the way forward:) how much am i looking for that thn mate? ano wat brad was sayin about the revs tho wen am gettin to 3500 revs sounds like im hurting the car lol.. good about the fuel like,, atm im getin 130miles off a 10er:)..

remap depends where you go, ranges can vary from £249 to £499, mine revs to 4750 quite easily and then turbo drops right off, but im not always red lining lol

LukeyPritchard

haha,, ive driven this one quiet sensible up to now:) after some cupra starfish wheels on mine to,, think it will look nice decked..

Last edited by a moderator:

sssstew

Editing your spelling
Get a upsolute remap, they are best for the non PDs, never heard a bad thing about them, after that your looking at a lot more money for stuff like hybrid turbo, bigger injectors, FMIC etc. Theres loads about tuning the old 90 in the TDI section, have a read back through.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise