Jerky accelerator

Ade

Jun 15, 2016
Hello all, I'm a new member to the forum although I have scoured tirelessly for a solution to my problem as a non-member! From reading I know there are many people on the forum who are very knowledgeable and may be able to help me.

I've got a 2008 Seat Ibiza FR 1.9tdi PD130, I've been having an issue since February that when I lift off the accelerator, the car jerks and feels like severe engine braking as if the fuel is being cut off.

It's similar to the feeling given when you keep the accelerator on at a constant position and press the brake pedal just enough that it stops the input of the accelerator (I believe this is a safety feature by returning the engine to idle as there could be an issue with the accelerator).

The only ways to stop this from happening is to slowly take my foot off the throttle, or to slip the clutch slightly.

I have read through many posts and some people have had similar issues but are showing symptoms such as stalling which I have not experienced.

The idle revs can sometimes rise to around 1000-1200 rpm when stationary, which I used to be able to cure by putting my foot underneath the accelerator and lifting it up. This doesn't work any more.

Top engine mounts were replaced about 18 months ago, dogbone mount has been upgraded to a powerflex polybush since I started having the problem in February which hasn't cured it.

I have looked at the wiring that goes through the bulkhead underneath the wiper linkage and motor by removing these and nothing seems unusual here.

I have replaced the pipe entering the top of the intercooler as this was leaking as one of the lugs was worn. I then disconnected the pipe from the EGR valve to take it out and clean it although I couldn't actually get the EGR valve out due to not being able to get to the bolts underneath the EGR. So I had to settle for cleaning just the one side and give it up as a bad job. There was about 5/6mm of dirt on the pivoting flap inside that I was able to clean off and also dirt around the join onto the pipe which I cleaned. It has had no effect on the issue, so if it was the EGR I would imagine it would have made a slight difference.

I have run some CT60 through with the fuel and this has had no effect on the issue although the car felt slightly quicker.

It's covered 120,000 miles, roughly 30,000 miles and just over 2 years since I had it mapped at RTech.

I love the car and it puts a smile on my face but this issue is getting to me now.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Ade.

JAMBON13

Jul 23, 2016
I have the same issue and would love to know the answer,mines a Leon tdi tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise