help, lost all boost and whistling sound

Ahunter-123

Feb 17, 2017
Hi sorry im very new to this and don't know if iv posted in the correct form so apologize if so.

I just bought myself a leon cupra turbo (180) and I was driving back from parents house on monday and the oil light flashed and bleeped 3 times. I then lost all boost and a whistling soumd started. Smoke started pouring out exhaust system so I pulled over switched off and callex the AA. When he arrived he fired it up and it was top end chapping..... he poured more oil into it (already just bellow full level) and the chapping went away. He said its the oil pick up thats not working so towed me to a garage and they changed the oil pick up, oil filter and oil change. I picked it up, went to drive and still the same issues. Had it looked at again and the turbo is spewing oil into exhaust so...... iv bought a new turbo to fit tomorrow but..... should I change oil pump and breather too? Iv a funny feeling that the problem was caused by oil pump not working so there was no oil pressure thus causing turbo to starve of oil and sh*t itself.

Please please help before I go fit turbo tomorrow and it blows again due to oil pump. Thanks folks.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.