Chris Knott

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » Diagnostics, Tuning and Modification » Engine Discussion » TDi - SEAT Diesel specific topics

TDi - SEAT Diesel specific topics exclusively for SEAT diesel specific topics only.

Old 09-12-2005, 20:18   #1
s1ggm

Problems Filling Up

Last week a noticed when im filling my Cupra TDi up the fuel pump kept cutting out as if the tank was full,

i thought at first it must be a faulty pump at the garage, tried two more garages since and same happened, i can only fill up by squeezing the handle really really slowly the second it picks up speed it cuts out.

Any ideas
  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 22:45   #2
orca

orca has 10 points
My mondeo does this (when less that 1/4 left) I sometimes think it is when the groud by the pump leans away form the pump. ie the car is slightly down on the near side. I have found if I park the other way around in such places the problem is reduced....corsa it could be bull dust and it is just my imagination
Old 09-12-2005, 23:21   #3
andycupra
status subject to change

andycupra has 70 points
dont stick it in so far?

ooer
andycupra is offline   Reply With Quote