Leon Mk2 TDI Oil Filter Leak

sponse

I've got a weird problem with an intermittent oil leak coming from the oil filter cap on a 2.0 TDI Mk2 Leon. The original problem seems to have been caused by the muppets at the Seat garage not fitting an O ring to the oil filter cap during the service. It didn't start leaking for a few weeks though.

When I eventually tracked the leak down to the oil filter cap I got the parts and fitted the O ring, everything seemed ok for a while. Now the intermittent leak has started again. It seems to be caused by pressure building up in the oil filter which then pushes out the O ring.

There is oil on the oil pressure switch connector which I've tried to clean off. I'm wondering if this could be causing the intermittent oil pressure problem.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Gary

140SPORT

Aug 22, 2007
Oil Filter

The oil pressure switch only tells the ecu that there is oil pressure there when the engine is running it does not control anything.

The plastic filter housing top could be cracked I know someone who had his oil changed and the top got damaged when tightened up so I would get a new one fitted with another o ring.