p0672 (Glow Plug/Heater Cylinder 2)

nesbit1981

Hi everyone, I've just registered for this site and I'm hoping you guys may be able to help me. I have a leon Cupra TDi (04 reg) and hav a fault code of p0672 (Glow Plug/Heater Cylinder 2). I've changed the glow plugs but the light comes on each time I reset it. Any ideas of what it might be?
Thanks Guys and Girls!

Robb1990

May 14, 2008
corrosion between wiring and plug 'top' id guess, or the wiree has snapped inside the sheath possibly.

nesbit1981

Thanks mate, I've got it booked in today at seat but will check that first, do you know if this is a common problem?

nesbit1981

A few people have suggested similar things so I'll check the wires before I take it to seat and they charge me the earth! Thanks mate.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
You can buy the clip to replace just the connection part to the top of the glow plug, and it's a diy fix of a few minutes. Or you can buy the whole new wiring harness for all 4 glow plugs and change that yourself if you prefer, cost about £30, and again it's a diy job.

nesbit1981

Thank you mate, just found it's the wiring bridge, the wire to number 2 has broken down. Seat have quoted £110 inc fitting.

nesbit1981

I did mate yes, seat fitted a new wiring harness. Perfect now, especially when cold.

nesbit1981

The harness itself was £20, you can do it yourself, you just have to remove the battery. I paid £110 for seat to do it as I didn't hav time. It wont do the car any damage I was told, it just doesn't run as well when cold as it isn't heating the glow plug. I suggest you get it done as it has made a huge difference to mine. I wouldn't change the plugs yet, as you could be wasting your money. Let me know how you get on.

nesbit1981

The part I had Fitted was called a bridge, part number 038971220D. The price was £19.09. In the description of the work they carried out, they called it the glow plug wiring harness. I had Bosch glow plugs fitted, I was told they were one of the best but I can't remember how much they were. A tenner a piece sounds about right tho. I suggest ringing Seat again and quote that part number. If they come up with a different price, tell them at Bournemouth Seat it's £19.09 for the part, £75 labour and VAT of £16.47. Total £110.56. See what they say.

nesbit1981

ok mate let me know how you get on, I presume you're changing all the plugs?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
yep was the plug no light now !!!!

bought the four , but as they it was explained they either work or they dont, so only he one was changed , i kept the others for future reference when the others brake down,

weird to explain, but a cable was connected to the baterry , (not sure if + or - ) and then douched the glow plugs with a bar and cable touvhing bar to pass the voltage through,

all sparked exept the broken one ( in my case Cyl 3) ,

changed just that one , and all huncky doorey ,

engine code cleared last night by resetting , was Zero degrees this morn & no light came on

magicoi

Aug 31, 2007
Lincolnshire
I assume its a simple job changing them? Have a fault on cylinder 4 myself!

Having never had a derv before this one or indeed removed the engine cover i have no idea where the glow plugs are?!!!

Plz help a moron in need!!!

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
pretty new to it all too , pull the engine cover up , itsjust clipped on, there will be a bot of black/grey foam inbetween engine block and black plastic pipe , pull it up, you will the black tubing connecting to the 4 glow plugs , we managed to replace without undoing the the big pipe i described

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members