Whats the Mileage on your TDI

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
Now on 182k....wondering if its worth putting a hybrid turbo on at this mileage!

Still going strong with excellent economy.

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
Original Turbo is it ? Have you had to replace anything on the engine however small ? What Oil & do you change it more regularly ? Have you had the turbo off to clean ?

Paul

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
Original Turbo is it ? Have you had to replace anything on the engine however small ? What Oil & do you change it more regularly ? Have you had the turbo off to clean ?

Paul

Yep, original turbo still. And original clutch.

Excluding cambelt & water pump, only thing I have to change on the engine was the alternator pulley.

Turbo has never been off, but I have had the inlet manifold off to clean it out.

I have used quantum pd oil, Mobile ESP or Castol Edge. It is changed every 10k with a new oil filter. Its due another change and it will be the 9th I have done since owning the car!

Oh, one other thing I had to do was the sump as the sump plug threaded. Now use a Pela pump to change the oil.

Last edited:

BigV

Apr 17, 2010
Mine is a 2004 toledo sport - 150 tdi engine. 128k (FSH) on the original turbo and second clutch.......... have a couple of niggling problems at the moment but hopefully nothing major.

The main thing that lets it down really is a lot of stone chips on the front and some interior trim starting to get a bit loose...but that is to be expected and could be put right quite easily really.

I think these engines are fairly bullet proof but at higher miles the turbo and clutch will eventually require money spent. I think the trick is to keep the oil fresh and not to abuse it from cold. Also, I personally I wouldn't get it remapped at 100k+ either (I killed a previous car by doing this, albeit not a VAG TDI), anyway, 150bhp is enough.

Last edited:

c19unn

TDI FR 170 - 2006 (56) has 32000 on the clock, i have done about 100 miles in it - only bought it 2 days ago :)

Deleted member 32025

Ibiza MK2 1998 AHU - 126K

Had it 3 years, only major things changed are new clutch and timing belt *touch wood*

Pyro Tim

mine is 57800, had it a week, and put 300 miles on it, which is low for me, still, last day of the boat show tomorrow, so time to spend some time with her on Sunday.

04 Leon TDi Cupra 150

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
bought it at 50k

replaced timing belt and water pump , and a service just after buying it

its now on 92k , its smokes its tit$ off but still goes !

window regulator went , disks n pads all round , had a few wheel speed sensors go ,
suspension spring snapped , fuse went on the fuel flap which is not where all the fuses are (its under the steering colum somewhere (yet to find it )
glowplugs , gluplug harness

have had other problems , not the cars fault , was contaminated fuel ,

had to replace injectors , pd pump which is now leaking injector wiring harness

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
65k on mine now since new back in Jan 05! wheres the time gone!
Still love the Car & overall v happy with it.
Just fitted 4 a Hankook V12 Evo Tyres & cant fault them so far, v quiet at motorway speeds over Michy & Dunlops ive used in the past.
Will they last tho as there a cheaper Tyre???
Had DMF & Clutch Rep at 38k as the DMF was at fault so SEATUK paid half the bill at 3.5yrs old. Cant fault that for service.
Otherwise its only had normal service items every 10k just as the book says.
Done Cambelt/Alt Belt/WaterP etc @ 55k wasnt taking any chances.
Rep Glowplugs as one was playing up & the green coolant sensor.
ReSealed both front lower door inside sections to stop water getting nearly into both sides footwells. 1 x tube of decent silicone sorted that !! v fiddly tho.
MPG just gets better with more miles i recon !!
280miles journey the other week with 4 folks n luggage at normal road speeds ave 56mpg.
The Turbo Sound as it spools up from 1200revs is brill esp in builtup area or lots of trees, high hedges !! hehee.
Drive it canny from Cold startups & always tickover for even just 5secs when stopping.
Cant see why it wont do the same miles again.

Thinking about trying some Winter Tyres this yr? any rec's ????

225/45/17

I would def buy another!

sly666

145k when bought 2 months ago, just started having a few engine issues, nothing major i hope.

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
sly, what engine.......PD or not ?.................do you know what has been replaced before you bought it ?
What are the issues currently you mention ?

Paul