newbie needs some good advice

simo8176

Dec 24, 2016
Hi all I have a 2007 seat leon 2.0 tdi cambelt has failed ir shredded some teeth I'm pretty sure it's done some valve damage at the very least I've sourced another bkd engine out of another leon supposed to have 80k and been told it was a running car just rear end damage my question is would a head swap do the job or swap the engine for the one I've brought? I've been told I need to swap deisel pumps and injectors over from old engine to new so I don't have to have it reprogrammed is this correct or is it a straight forward swap? Thank you for any help

simo8176

Dec 24, 2016
Don't think it's done the pistons the car was stationery when it shredded the belt and wasn't started after most people I've spoken to have said just replace the head because it's more than likely valve damage I'm swaying towards replacement cambelt and water pump plus headgasket with head replacement and hopefully it should OK

simo8176

Dec 24, 2016
But if I did go with replacing the engine which I already have would I need to use my deisel pump and injectors or just swap engines over with programing ect

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.