Hi Everyone - Looking at TDi FR 150

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
the fabia one looks better than the aero wiper IMO, do a search and there are several posts with pictures of both.

took a while to decide which one i preferred the looks of and decided on the fabia one, but dont get it from fleabay, get it direct from your local Skoda garage for about £21.

to fit its just a case of removing the cap, undoing the nut, gently ease the old arm off and put the new one on. simple!

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
One bolt yes which is a piece of piss..... you'll need a puller tool from Halfrauds etc though.

That's the hard bit. Get the parts (£17ish for Fabia) then let your dealer do it. Mine did it FOC when I took it for it's 10k service.

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Mine didn't... I wouldn't try too hard if it doesn't come.

Could buy one then take it back afterwards for the sake of a rear screen...

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Mine is back at the dealers in 3 weeks to get the scratch fixed, so I think I will try to get them to do it then. If they f it up, then its down to them :)

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Been busy at work and driving my car

Today I have broke the 1000 miles on the mileometer :)

Had two weekends away, and think its a fantastic car still - LOVE IT!

Tony D

Hi everyone.

I picked up my new FR TDI (Platinum) on Monday and am also loving it! :)

I had an 04 Cupra TDI (also in Platinum) from new before but couldn't resist trading it in for a FR with the Cupra R wheels and bumpers as I got a very good part-exhange deal - cheers Rob! ;)

Still waiting for the SmartNav to come in though so I'll need to take it back to get that installed. Maybe they'll lend me a Cupra R for the day if I'm lucky!

I changed my rear wiper to the Fabia yesterday and it was very easy. No problem getting the wiper arm off at all. Parts cost just over £17 from local Skoda dealer. Well worth it as it looks (and performs) so much better. I don't understand why Seat fit such a crap rear wiper to a car which has been so nicely designed in all other areas!

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Hey Tony, any chance of some photos of the new wiper, I am still torn between two on ebay one is an aero the other all in one jobbie.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-REA...89772312QQcategoryZ100918QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Ibiza-Le...4590780567QQcategoryZ9889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have just swapped my 3 week old front wipers as they where absolute crap, and have a nice set of bosch ones now, I can now see out the front, I just need to sort the rear. Also how come no-one seems to stock rear replacements?

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
cstevens said:
Hey Tony, any chance of some photos of the new wiper, I am still torn between two on ebay one is an aero the other all in one jobbie.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-REA...89772312QQcategoryZ100918QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Ibiza-Le...4590780567QQcategoryZ9889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have just swapped my 3 week old front wipers as they where absolute crap, and have a nice set of bosch ones now, I can now see out the front, I just need to sort the rear. Also how come no-one seems to stock rear replacements?

Have a look at Pabs' web site mate click it shows in detail the fitting procedure amongst loads of other things :)

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
buy buy buy, ive just got one. love it.

you get about 35mpg if ure doing motorway speeds, if ure doing around 60mph you get about 40mpg out of it.

i agree the rear wiper is rubbish it smears and jumps around everywhere.

Last edited:

Tony D

I also used the leoncupra.co.uk site to see how the Fabia wiper would look.

Here's a direct link to the image...
Fabia Wiper

I personally think the Fabia wiper looks miles better than the other one.

Don't get it off ebay though mate. It'll cost you almost twice as much by the time you pay p+p.
I got the 3 parts for just over 17 quid from my local Skoda dealer. The 3 part numbers you need are also listed here.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.