My Leon fr 2.0 tdi Photos ( carefull with engine tuning )

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
Hi guys. I have my FR since july 2006. I`ve done some mods to it and want to share with you and see what you guys think. But first i want to tell a little story about tuning these engine...In August i tuned the car to 210 Hp and 441 NM without any smoke. The car had 2000 km`s. A few days later a light was on in the dash. it was the particle filter light and next it went to safe mode. Puted the car to stock and took the car to Seat. It needed a new particle filter sensor.The dealer told me it came these way from factory and some cars were having that problem The car was ok after fixed. Tried to tuned it again in two different powers: 225 Hp and 460 NM ( the car was an animal! ) and 207 hp and 428 NM. The first one turned the DPF light on, so i lowered the power to 207 hp. With these power and torque the car ran without any problems two months until i made a very spireted driving. These time the car didn`t turn on any light...no...it Lost power, was making a lotttt of black smoke and it was hesitating in any RPM. I took the car to the dealer and stayed there for a freakin month. They changed all the sensors in the car and nothing resolved the problem. They tried to change the ECU and....Problem resolved! Took the car to the dyno to see if it was ok and the stock power was 187Hp and torque 338 Nm.the car has 18000 KM`s now. So...if you want to tune these engine wait a few more months and see if something more fiable comes out.

Ps: Sorry for the bad english

Some Photos of my Fr:

686474094hd.jpg

879858789no.jpg

dsc026050xg.jpg

dsc026077av.jpg

dsc026140ym.jpg

dsc026068ih.jpg

dsc026210st.jpg

dsc026223mb.jpg

dsc026179nm.jpg

dsc026204hf.jpg

Videos with it remaped to 207 Hp and 428 NM:

60 - 140 km/h starting in 3rd gear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLLEunK714s

100 - 185 km/h starting in 4th gear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrVZ213VMyw

140 - 200 km/h going up hill in 6th gear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hYDxD9mZcs

Thanks.

Last edited:

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Love it mate looks fantastic. Regards the stock bhp it wouldnt surprise me if everyone had their FR tdi tested the average bhp would be about 180 it would certainly be no less than 175. Modern cars just seem to have a little more than the book says!

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
Extras of the car:

-Bi-Xenon
-BlueTooth
-Rain Sensor
-Light Sensor
-Rear view mirror with automatic anti-Chaning
-Darkened back glasses

Interior Mods:

-Seats in leather in two colors (black and gray) with FR logo
-Armrest in leather
-Seat sport pedals
-Xenon interior light
-Alpine Monitor with ipod interface
-Alpine subwoofer
-Gps Alpine
-Chrome rings for vents and dash
-Interior and exterior chrome door sills with Seat Sport logo

Exterior mods:
-Eagle Big brake Kit
-Rs4 rims
-Yokohama AVS sport tires 225/40 18
-Eibach 35mm
-Seat sport exhaust with porsche oval tips
-Shark Antena
-Smaller plates
-minimus xenon light to match with Bi-xenon
-Parking sensor in front and rear with graphic distance for both

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
Very Very nice I love the seat's, Just one question dus the bluetooth kit still work with a aftermarket radio like yours?

Yes. Works just has OEM. But i advice good professional work if you want to change your radio.

Cheers

Eddy Gein

Jan 23, 2007
Very nice, whats the ride like with the eibachs?springs or full kit with dampers?
Considering 19s but mite go with 18s and lower it.

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
Thanks everyone! :)

Very nice, whats the ride like with the eibachs?springs or full kit with dampers?
Considering 19s but mite go with 18s and lower it.

It`s just springs. With springs and 18`s the ride is acceptable. if it had 19`s it would be a pain in the ass. lol

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
so are you saying you have tried 3 states of tune and all have caused problems possibly ending in a replacement ecu reqd after long term use?

did you get the repairs all done under warranty ?

anyway - car looks cracking mate - nice one

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I think it shows, that tuning a 170 with a dpf is not possible. imho.

I wonder if you can remove it (the dpf), and how bad it smokes without one (before and after tuning).

charlievarley

I am sorry to hear about your tunning problems buddy hope you resolve them soon.

Your car is real sexy with the mods you have done and i love the alloys

congratz buddy

Xe

Ok so where do you get RS4's like that with the Seat logo? Or is that some kind of cap?

jon1

May 7, 2005
Sunderland
You would just buy the caps seperately, there are a few places doing RS4 wheel replicas: www.topgear.co.uk for one

I'd prefer the original Audi wheels but they tend to be too wide for most cars, and probably too expensive!

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Hi guys. I have my FR since july 2006. I`ve done some mods to it and want to share with you and see what you guys think. But first i want to tell a little story about tuning these engine...In August i tuned the car to 210 Hp and 441 NM without any smoke. The car had 2000 km`s. A few days later a light was on in the dash. it was the particle filter light and next it went to safe mode. Puted the car to stock and took the car to Seat. It needed a new particle filter sensor.The dealer told me it came these way from factory and some cars were having that problem The car was ok after fixed. Tried to tuned it again in two different powers: 225 Hp and 460 NM ( the car was an animal! ) and 207 hp and 428 NM. The first one turned the DPF light on, so i lowered the power to 207 hp. With these power and torque the car ran without any problems two months until i made a very spireted driving. These time the car didn`t turn on any light...no...it Lost power, was making a lotttt of black smoke and it was hesitating in any RPM. I took the car to the dealer and stayed there for a freakin month. They changed all the sensors in the car and nothing resolved the problem. They tried to change the ECU and....Problem resolved! Took the car to the dyno to see if it was ok and the stock power was 187Hp and torque 338 Nm.the car has 18000 KM`s now. So...if you want to tune these engine wait a few more months and see if something more fiable comes out.

Ps: Sorry for the bad english Thanks.

This bears out what tuners are finding in other threads - looks OK initialy then problems occur some what down the line with the DPF sensors only way round might be to fit a larger capacity DPF plus remap??

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
so are you saying you have tried 3 states of tune and all have caused problems possibly ending in a replacement ecu reqd after long term use?

did you get the repairs all done under warranty ?

anyway - car looks cracking mate - nice one

Yes. All repairs were made under warranty. Thanks! :)