Any Owners Yet?

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
I had a 95 PS Ibiza 1.0tsi as a loan car last time the Mii was in for service and really liked the engine - good slug of almost diesel like torque low down but still liked to rev (very like a Ford Ecoboost as you might expect). VW have been very slow in exploiting this engine unlike Ford who offer it in almost everything with up to 140ps.

Last edited:

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
1.0 tsi

Had my Leon serviced yesterday and again got a 1.0 tsi Ibiza (a different one) as a loan car. Remain very impressed with this little 3 cyl turbo.

Last edited:

seth69

Jan 24, 2017
The Seat Mii is essentially the same car as the Skoda Citigo and the VW Up, sitting between its two sister cars on price

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Update - 3 years on

The little Mii gets very few posts on here (yeah, I know this is SEAT Cupra.net!) so I thought I'd do a quick update on the wife's at just over 2 years.

Not a lot to add actually - the car is used almost daily but is literally used as a shopping trolley and meet the girls for lunch vehicle, rarely over 5 miles at a time, which in my experience is very hard on a car.

Despite this no problems at all, fires up first time, averages about 50 mpg which is 25% better than her old Ka and goes up to mid-high 50's when I give it a decent run from time to time.

Only issue has been radio reception (common complaint on Up!/Citigo) forums and even this was much improved by a longer aerial as mentioned in separate thread.

So, still happy with it for all the reasons in previous post and would recommend as a city car with decent ability to tackle longer journeys. Now, if only they'd do a Cupra .......................!

Just a quick update after having 3rd service and 1st Mot which was passed with no issues and Mrs S remains very happy with the Mii.

Only comment to add to previous posts is we had some issues with condensation over the winter. This is a very common complaint on the Up! Forum often attributed to the relatively large glass area, unpainted upper door panels and blocking of the under bonnet plenum chamber. I have paid extra attention to this and also kept a silica gel bag in the car which seems to have done the trick. Our car unfortunately has to live outside near several trees which does not help.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Update - 3 years on

Just a quick update after having 3rd service and 1st Mot which was passed with no issues and Mrs S remains very happy with the Mii.

Only comment to add to previous posts is we had some issues with condensation over the winter. This is a very common complaint on the Up! Forum often attributed to the relatively large glass area, unpainted upper door panels and blocking of the under bonnet plenum chamber. I have paid extra attention to this and also kept a silica gel bag in the car which seems to have done the trick. Our car unfortunately has to live outside near several trees which does not help.

Now at four years just had second mot which was again passed with no issues or advisories.

No other problems with the car since last update, Mrs S remains very happy with it.

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Now at four years just had second mot which was again passed with no issues or advisories.

No other problems with the car since last update, Mrs S remains very happy with it.

Not many follow the Mii section I know, but just had 3rd MOT at 5 years, again with no problems. Mrs S remains happy, which is the important thing!

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
How many miles has your Mii covered now?

Lol - it's only just under 8,000 miles now! It's a bit of an independence thing for my Mrs who unfortunately has a condition which affects mobility. Only does short local journeys which, in my experience, can be much harder on a car than regular decent journeys. It's certainly holding up under these conditions much better than the Mk 1 Ford Ka she had previously - by 5 years that had been through 2 sets of discs (rusted through lack of use), various other niggles, and most seriously was already developing the bodywork rust which eventually killed it off!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.