Chris Knott

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Ibiza » Ibiza Mk5

Ibiza Mk5 A place for everything there is to know about the Mk5 Ibiza. 2008 - 2017

Old 30-04-2010, 16:11   #1
golfgtipaul

golfgtipaul has 10 points
I take it back about my MPG!

Well, I have moaned about the MPG lots of times on my 1.6tdi! Anyway i found the reset switch on my stalk column and held it in for a while and hay presto! it seemed to reset the MPG. Anyway I set off and soon it was showing 68 mpg at a steady 50 mph for 20 miles! Very pleased now! Sorry to all the people I have moaned at, or said exaggerated their MPG!
golfgtipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 16:17   #2
jc_boc
Back in CUPRA ..... R!

jc_boc has 30 points
Lol!
jc_boc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 16:33   #3
Octane2097
Naturally Aspirated

Octane2097 has 10 points
reset it while your driving steady at say 50mph i used to get 84ish mpg in my mk4 diesel fr......
sadly i think it was a bit optimistic!
Old 30-04-2010, 16:45   #4
nightflight

nightflight has 40 points
Haha, d'ya know, I was thinking the same thing recently, the car's had some gentle runs round the peak district on one tank, and a run to huddersfield and back on another, and has gone from 35mpg tank average to 40-41mpg average,

I'm still having to fill up the same amount each week, so i see it as getting miles for free rather than more miles, but every little helps. It's just nice to know my car isn't broken and it's just the route to work.

On a late night drive from my girlfriends to mine i can get a trip average of low 70's mpg if the lights go in favour.
(ok, the route starts off with a steep downhill descent and is then 40mph dual carriageway on a gentle downhill slope into a brief bit fo 30mph residential but 70's 70 right? )

Found this post useful? Please click on the scales and leave me some rep points

Last edited by nightflight; 30-04-2010 at 16:48.
nightflight is offline   Reply With Quote