Brake Light - when does yours come on?

FINN

Nov 21, 2006
Northern Ireland - Belfast
Hello all,

Before I start I want to say that I have done a search about this and have seen a lot of posts but just have a quick question of my own which I hope someone can help me with.

Car was in for a 30k service last week. As the warranty ends in June I asked the dealer to have a look at a few faults including the brake light switch. Picked up the car later on and was told that the switch has been adjusted as much as possible and the brake light now illuminates as soon as you touch the pedal. To be fair it is much better than it was however when I press the brake pedal there is a slight amount of travel before the lights illuminate. I have checked my Dad’s Lupo and My Mums A-Class and the brake lights come on as soon as you touch the pedal.

Do you guys think it’s worth asking them to fit a new switch? The dealer is being very helpful and is taking the car back to do a lot more warranty work so I don’t want to push my luck too far.

Thanks.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Mine has a small amount of travel before the light comes on, but the brakes aren't really doing anything to slow the car down during that amount of travel, so there is no safety issue as far as I'm concerned.

By the time the brakes are braking, the light is on.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.