Syphon's MK3 Leon Cupra SC DSG

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
I like the sound of 35 mpg. I reckon I'll save enough money on fuel to cover 2 of the monthly payments over a year!

Ant

Jan 19, 2014
North Somerset
Looking great Scott - I think I might've passed you near Tesco this evening? As if I wasn't tempted enough by a Cupra already...

Before that though, I need to get mine booked in for some bodywork TLC too - looks like it lives on a farm at the moment, what with the weather doing its thing. How is the Gtechniq handling the dirt?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Looking great Scott - I think I might've passed you near Tesco this evening? As if I wasn't tempted enough by a Cupra already...

Before that though, I need to get mine booked in for some bodywork TLC too - looks like it lives on a farm at the moment, what with the weather doing its thing. How is the Gtechniq handling the dirt?

Hi. Yes that would have been me with the family. First time in a supermarket car park :help:

It's first spotted by a member. :thumbup:

Didn't spot you sorry.

Gtechniq is holding out well despite the crap sand/pollution we've had recently. Highly recommended stuff.

I'll keep my eye out for you in the future. You in a five door or an SC?

Scott

Mar 13, 2011
Nice pictures :drool:

Must admit, I'm not looking forward to keeping those wheels clean long term. Narrow gap between spokes is going to be a b*tch.

Mar 13, 2011
:p

C5 Wheel Armour, Wheel woolies and BiltHamber auto wheels (when really dirty) and you'll be fine.

Scott

I have good results with FK1000p on mine, use it on everything (wheels, calipers, exhaust tip and as a LSP on paint). Current wheels are easy though as they are factory painted and have no "hard to get into" bits. Once sealed with FK1000 most of the dirt blasts off with pressure washer anyway.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/finishkare-1000p-hi-temp-sealant/prod_589.html

I'm sure it'll be fine though, even with the narrow spokes (provided kept on top of).

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Lovely looking car Scott - not sure this question has been raised yet but I am sure it will - what does the recommended fuel state in the filler cap, 95 or 97/98 ron? (Not intending on sparking a which fuel is best debate either just curious :) )
Cheers
Rob.

Last edited:

arreruk

Mar 15, 2014
Mint motor Scott. Please keep us up to date with how things go..... I'm getting an itchy trigger finger on my debit card hand and the Cupra 280 DSG might be the thing to help scratch it! I'm playing it cautious as I had a near miss with the Astra VXR - just cancelled order in time lol - so I'm very interested in how you brave first adopters get on before chopping my Focus ST in :). I'd say enjoy it, but you clearly already are.

All the best.
Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Mint motor Scott. Please keep us up to date with how things go..... I'm getting an itchy trigger finger on my debit card hand and the Cupra 280 DSG might be the thing to help scratch it! I'm playing it cautious as I had a near miss with the Astra VXR - just cancelled order in time lol - so I'm very interested in how you brave first adopters get on before chopping my Focus ST in :). I'd say enjoy it, but you clearly already are.

All the best.
Andy

Hi. Will reply properly later when I have more time. But current generation ST or older?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers Scott - MK3 ST3

Ok thanks. Well I can give you a direct comparison having coming close to buying an ST and taking it for a couple of test drives. All my humble opinion of course....

1. Torque steer - Cupra = No Torque steer at all.

I don't know how you find it, but I thought it was really annoying on the ST. My 300+ MK2 Cupra managed not to do it so I'm baffled as to why Ford thought it was acceptable. The journos seem to skim over it as inevitable from what I've seen, but it would have annoyed the hell out of me.

2. Interior = The only thing I think the Ford has going for it in this regard are the seats, although I found them a bit too tight to be comfortable. The dash on the Ford is far too busy for my liking compared to the Cupra which is awesome.

3. Looks = Of course the Ford is more in your face and I do like it a lot. Especially with the style(?) pack which brings the graphite wheels and red callipers and the car in the blue/purple. The Cupra is more stylish and classy and at my age it's probably best I went for it instead or people would think I was having a mid life crisis.

4. Handling = the Ford felt good (apart from the torque issue above) but the Cupra just excels. I have never driven a car like it. Especially in Cupra mode which enables the front trickery - its handling is sublime. The adjustable ride settings give you the best of both worlds if you have the family on a long motorway drive as well.

5. Price = There are some really keen deals on the ST and you pay more for the Cupra for sure. But you get more as standard for your money and the Cupra is a good step up quality wise.

Hope this helps and I've not offended you on your current car! All my personal experience / biased SEAT view ;) As I said I was really close to getting one, if I hadn't been waiting on the Cupra.

Scott

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.