My 08 Candy White Cupra

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
It's screwed on mate but also has an anti theft device at the tip of the thread you can see it in the image.What I did was unscrew it as far as it will go then placed one hand on the aerial base and gripped the aerial with other hand and pushed the base down and pulled the aerial up simultaneously. It does take a lot of force but it will have it.Also helped moving the aerial side to side whilst pulling up.

image_zps730524b2.jpg

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset
It's screwed on mate but also has an anti theft device at the tip of the thread you can see it in the image.What I did was unscrew it as far as it will go then placed one hand on the aerial base and gripped the aerial with other hand and pushed the base down and pulled the aerial up simultaneously. It does take a lot of force but it will have it.Also helped moving the aerial side to side whilst pulling up.

image_zps730524b2.jpg

Cheers for that!

Which replacement did you use? I've seen another thread where a Citroen C2 one was used, plus I have a genuine VW Polo one around here somewhere. .........put in a safe place, and now I just have to remember where that is!!

Get my LCR back from the garage tomorrow so this will be a nifty little mod.

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset

Cheers bud, I take it the piece that looks "ridged" in your picture doesn't prevent the replacement going on?

I see from another post you're hoping to pick up a secondhand Triple R splitter, you just hoping to save a few quid because ive just bought one for mine and they're only £105 delivered......... has hopefully been fitted today while the car's in the garage having everything else done.

Clazzer

Mar 17, 2014
Stoke on Trent
Not very long mate. Was okay for about four weeks and then started jumping under heavy load in 4th, 5th & 6th and been like that for about 6 weeks and getting worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers bud, I take it the piece that looks "ridged" in your picture doesn't prevent the replacement going on?

I see from another post you're hoping to pick up a secondhand Triple R splitter, you just hoping to save a few quid because ive just bought one for mine and they're only £105 delivered......... has hopefully been fitted today while the car's in the garage having everything else done.

No mate just screw new one straight in :D

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Not very long mate. Was okay for about four weeks and then started jumping under heavy load in 4th, 5th & 6th and been like that for about 6 weeks and getting worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not good its pot luck I guess as some last better than others.No doubt i will be similar to yours.....oh no just tempted fate :whistle:

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Some job you done cleaning it, looks real well! Your clutch could be fine on stage 1, I've an 08 Cupra too and ran stage 1 for about 6 months no problems and it's running stage 2 at the minute and has since summer and it's still fine so pot luck just really and they're both Revo maps!

Where did you order the bonnet gas strut mods from? And do you have a guide for it?

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Some job you done cleaning it, looks real well! Your clutch could be fine on stage 1, I've an 08 Cupra too and ran stage 1 for about 6 months no problems and it's running stage 2 at the minute and has since summer and it's still fine so pot luck just really and they're both Revo maps!

Where did you order the bonnet gas strut mods from? And do you have a guide for it?

Cheers Gracey I appreciate it:D. This thread will help you it's got all the info needed within it!

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410774

The strut is off an Audi A3 this is the one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290946506377?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

2x m8 thread with 10mm ball joints this is the one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10mm-BALL...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e995d9af

Then the plates are from SCN member called Nik you can find his email address in the above thread.

Hope this helps mate :)

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
My Leon has a big week to look forward to. Finally getting the wheels done after a long wait plus got a Revo CAI coming tomorrow and also got another Cupra engine cover that will fit with the revo.

Once the cover arrives I've got a few mods to do on it so should look good.Plus if I ever want to I can replace all the original parts. :funk:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
How long are the wheels taking and how much Craig?

Should have it back on Thursday it's normally a three day turn around but due to dropping off at mid day(on way to work) it's going to be a little longer.

Total cost is £285 that includes the wheels,hubs and calipers refurb and also he polishes the car with maguiars. Also in the price is a courtesy car.

So currently I'm rocking his mk3 golf gti

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Should have it back on Thursday it's normally a three day turn around but due to dropping off at mid day(on way to work) it's going to be a little longer.

Total cost is £285 that includes the wheels,hubs and calipers refurb and also he polishes the car with maguiars. Also in the price is a courtesy car.

So currently I'm rocking his mk3 golf gti

Not a bad price at all. There's a place round here that'll do 18's for £180 which I thought was amazingly cheap. Mine are in desperate need of a refurb.

Haha love the old golfs. Get a picture up haha