Lime Green Cupra K1 - Hybrid turbo

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
I just cleaned my filter with a ramair air intake recharge kit , it came
With cleaner and oil , it was very easy to do , I have done everything myself to the car in terms of maintenance it’s not to hard at all, just affects the value abit when you try to sell on having no stamps in the book.. I just keep every single receipt I get for the car , got over £10,000 in receipts !

Here’s the link for the spark plugs mate

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...-colder-spark-plug-set-2-0-tsi-and-fsi-turbo/

And the short shifter I fitted , you can adjust the length of the throw to how you like , either close to stock or completely the other way what is short (the setting I have it on and I love it)

:)

Last edited:

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Parcels came today , going to get the gearbox oil done Monday, also stuck the forte injector cleaner in, got the car booked in for 4 wheel laser alignment , air con re charge and brake fluid flush Friday and got the car booked in. To get a silencer in the exhaust , just had a new baby 2 days ago and it’s quite loud still. I have been thinking wether do get a facelift Civic ep3 as a daily driver , can’t really decide

2ypkdgh.jpg

Last edited:

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Parcels came today , going to get the gearbox oil done Monday, also stuck the forte injector cleaner in, got the car booked in for 4 wheel laser alignment , air con re charge and brake fluid flush Friday and got the car booked in. To get a silencer in the exhaust , just had a new baby 2 days ago and it’s quite loud still. I have been thinking wether do get a facelift Civic ep3 as a daily driver , can’t really decide

2ypkdgh.jpg
Thats why im glad my mrs drives....i just part ex'd the white focus zetec s 1.0 ecoboost for this baby as our family daily...picked it up yesterday :)

2.0 derv all the looks with decent economy and when i feel like a good blast then i still have the cupra as i only do 1.5-2k a year max in it

Play it smart lol
eee8ac869556e7cab1ca7c966d11e849.jpg

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Yeh that’s not a bad car for a daily , I don’t want any finance though and I can’t afford a car that expensive Lol, I only live 1 mile from work and normally only do about 100/200 miles a week
If I go for a cruise on the weekend , don’t know if it’s going to be worth it or not

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Yeh that’s not a bad car for a daily , I don’t want any finance though and I can’t afford a car that expensive Lol, I only live 1 mile from work and normally only do about 100/200 miles a week
If I go for a cruise on the weekend , don’t know if it’s going to be worth it or not
Not as expensive as you may think that was only 13k from ford themselves on a 15 reg mate , i only finance as i like moderatley new cars for the mrs and children so they are reliable but just a thought for you mate for a 185bhp derv its actually quite fun to drive (ain't got sh!t on the cupras though lol)

forged engine,revo intake,3" TBE r tech stage 2 -323bhp 333ftlb build thead: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440348

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

Cheers, definately going to grab me a set. Going to have to wait a bit tho as I noticed the state of my front discs and pads last weekend. Think I'm going to try and change them myself. Just hoping my breaker bar can handle the 200nm carrier bolts!

I really recommend you do the gearbox oil aswell for £30 aswell :) ...

Yeah, I already did brake fluid and gearbox oil. Oh and cam follower. Which nerves mean I'm probably going to do yearly now. Also thinking of getting the chain tensioner checked when I have a bit more cash.

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
Wow 240 bhp in a disiel would be alright ! My mate at work had a remapped 3.5 twin turbo disiel merc, it definetely shifted ! I like the engine note out of a petrol though don’t think I could have a disiel Lol

And Jon I’ve never even heard of the chain tensioner , do all cupra shave them or just the later ones or something do you know ?

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
And Jon I’ve never even heard of the chain tensioner , do all cupra shave them or just the later ones or something do you know ?

As far as I know... all Cupras from 2007-2012 have a cambelt one side and a chain the other. The tensioner is a known weak point in the engine. I'm unsure if they just fail, or you get a rattle when its starting to weaken. But checking / replacing the tensioner whilst not cheap is a lot cheaper than if it fails and the chain slips.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
As far as I know... all Cupras from 2007-2012 have a cambelt one side and a chain the other. The tensioner is a known weak point in the engine. I'm unsure if they just fail, or you get a rattle when its starting to weaken. But checking / replacing the tensioner whilst not cheap is a lot cheaper than if it fails and the chain slips.
I had an issue with mine it would rattle when you held a steady throttle mid acceleration, all changed and the engine is silent!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I had an issue with mine it would rattle when you held a steady throttle mid acceleration, all changed and the engine is silent!]

How many miles did you have on the clock before it began to rattle? What kind of ball park figure it cost to get it replaced? Not sure I'd hear mine as I usually have the radio up. :)

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
How many miles did you have on the clock before it began to rattle? What kind of ball park figure it cost to get it replaced? Not sure I'd hear mine as I usually have the radio up. :)
Done it when i bought the car with 79k on it mate and i paid 200 for cambelt /cam chain and water pump but i have a family member who owns a garage

RyanC93

Dec 19, 2014
South Shields, Newcastle
My car does sound abit like a disiel when it gets warm( abit like a tick ) but took it to a couple of garages and they couldn’t work out what it was.. don’t know if it’s somethjng to do with all of the engine mounts or stiffened parts , it doesn’t chuck up any lights or affect the car in anyway, hope it is not the tensioner , what sort of noise does it make when it’s failing just a rattle or a tick? What’s the consequences if it fails all together ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.