GUIDE: Mk2 Leon Brakes - Info, Upgrades, and Maintanance.

LeonLe

Dec 15, 2014
Hi all, looking at upgrading my brakes on my tdi140 to 312
Q1 will/are passat b6 caliper and carriers correct/fit? They have 851/2 stamped on caliper
Q2 is there anything i need to fit these to my car?
Q3 i know i will need new discs and pads, what do you recommend oem or aftermarket
If do what aftermarket have you tried and tested

Any advice is appropriated
Thanks LeonLe

adamski

Mar 25, 2012
Camrbridge UK
Just done my rears on my mk2 facelift fr and just wanted to clarify some details as i struggled to find it when i was looking for it. First of all the rear disc size is 255 on the facelift leon FR. Also I bought the m14 multispline tool for the carriers which is the right size, but you don't need it. There's enough room to tilt the disc and slide it out once the caliper and pads are removed. It is close and i can imagine it not being possible on larger cupra rear discs.

Its actually a very straight forward job once you know what you're doing could have it done in 20 minutes. Anyway hope this helps others who maybe unsure.

Billyrussell

Jun 18, 2014
I bet you guy no one can find the brake pads for my seat Leon. It's Jon jays old car and I'm after a link to what pads I need! Cheers if anyone can help please

jimbo1876

Feb 8, 2013
My pre-FL TDi FR has 255mm on the rear. If unsure. Ring up places like Euro Car parts or GSF and they should be able to say.

Please do not go down that road - Eurocarparts registration check is totally useless when it comes to brakes.

Madman0405

Mar 8, 2015
Eastbourne
New brake disc/pads

Hi all,
I need to replace me brake discs and pads on my Leon 2.0 TDI,
I'm thinking that I will keep the standard vented front and solid read discs, and spend a little more on brake pads what manufacturer should I look at getting?

Kristiano79

Sep 3, 2015
Afternoon all, I am needing discs and pads for my 2006 (56) Leon FR TDI.

Am I right in saying they are 312 front and 256mm rear?

Cheers Kris

Rich12885

Apr 8, 2014
Are the rear calipers on the mk2 cupra the same as just the tfsi models?

Also is their any others cars they share them with

Steede

Jun 23, 2013
Ireland
For upgrading from a mk2 fr tfsi to cupra brakes is it a matter of just changing the calipers and disks and that's it or is there any additional parts that need changing

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Before I place an order, can anyone confirm for definite that the following is correct please?

Mk2 Leon FR170 MY2011

Front:
312x25 V

Rear:
255x12 S

Dan.

To get a rough idea of brake disc diameters I normally poke 2 long pieces of wood through the wheel on opposite sides of the wheel face and rest them on the edge of the brake disk.
Hold the wood level/square and measure between each piece. This will give you the brake diameter.
Fronts will be ventilated so approx twice the thickness of the solid rears.

cmd

Nov 13, 2006
What front breake carriers are required to upgrade my current 288 setup on my 2.0tdi to 312mm setup.
Cheers

el leone

Jan 1, 2010
Rear Calipers

Hi I have a seat leon 2 TFSI 55 reg vehicle is 1P1 engine BWA.
I am after a set of rear calipers but the motor part computers show a caliper PR code 1 KD which looks nothing like the part.One site told me the axle code is on the production sticker in the service handbook They are as follows:=
X2B BON D66 GOK 1AT BGU
JOL C7Q HKB 1GB 1NL
BYL BL3 BRM BBK BWD BTD
22Q
2B2 55J 5RU QBO
OGG G51

Can someone help me to identify and locate a stockist please. I think the PR Code should be 1KZ
I have 286 x 12mm solid discs.l

stu1987

Oct 13, 2017
Hi,

I have tried removing the rear discs on my seat leon 1.4 tsi today in accordance with some guides i have found on here etc. It says the disc should just come out without removing the carrier, but for all the angling i did it just wouldn't come out. Am i doing something wrong or do i need to remove the calliper carrier? If so what size is the spline socket as i don't have these and any ideas what shops sell these?

Thanks