Where do I start?

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
9y9esa9e.jpg

Ok guys I'm getting a little fed up! Bought this adapter and it runs it but has no torque pop it on the paint and it really slows down, can I put a UK plug on it? I've looked everywhere but can't find siht about power source. Cheers all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Thread jacking.... My paint is probably the same condition as the op's. I've just bought a das 6 but now I need some pads and compound. I have g3 compound and loads of polish but none is cutting of finishing stuff for use with a da. Can anyone recommend any pads to go for, that will accompany some meguiars 105 and 205? Also, my car has a few egg shelling areas from bird ****, I know these are end game but any way of improving them? I've ordered some panel masking tape too. Cheers.

Edit: I've got poorboys polish and wax for my black LCR, just want to know a little ab sealants? Aren't they used before the wax?

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
I have a DAS-6 too. I use Lake County pads and they seem to do the job well enough. I have seen good things about the hex-logic pads though. As a DAS-6 is basically a rip off G-220 you wouldn't go far wrong with Meguiars pads either.

For bits requiring a bit more cut I use Meguiars Ultimate Compound (its pictured on the previous page here) with a blue (cutting) LC pad and it does the job, still requires a fair while to get the desired correction so I am guessing the paint on my car is quite hard. The ultimate compound doesn't leave much of the micro marring normally associated with "rougher" compounds either so theres no real need to go back over it with a finer compound afterwards IMO. I only use that for bad bits though and for a first time detail, for a normal "top up job" I use Menzerna middle of the road or fine polish depending on the condtion on either a polishing or finishing pad. I finish off with a finishing pad and Poorboys Black Hole. As you seem to have a black car I would highly recommend black hole, gives a lovely deep shine, fills any remaining little swirls and is super easy to apply, TBH you don't even need to machine it on. I used Autoglym HD wax for the first time last week and loved it, very easy to apply, gives good results and I barely touched the pot despite being pretty heavy handed with it.

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Very good advice peeps thank you, the pic I put up with all the bits I've sent back as it was siht, now looking for another das6 but so so many are the same but different branding!!! I'm gonna get blue white and green CL pads along with clay bar then I should be ready to cut away ;)

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
The das6 I bought was £76 on eBay, buy I just got an email from clean your car and their one for £109.99 is back in today. I've do e some reading on detailing world and bought a set of dodo juice fin cut pads, 6", a black 4" fin cut pad and 3" backing plate for the tricky bits and meguires 105 & 205. Also got some microfibre cloths finger applicators for the wax. I've got poor boys black hole and the black wax they do too. Would I be right in saying I should clean the car, clay it, clean again, use 105 then 205, polish then wax?

Sent from my iPhone

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
The das6 I bought was £76 on eBay, buy I just got an email from clean your car and their one for £109.99 is back in today. I've do e some reading on detailing world and bought a set of dodo juice fin cut pads, 6", a black 4" fin cut pad and 3" backing plate for the tricky bits and meguires 105 & 205. Also got some microfibre cloths finger applicators for the wax. I've got poor boys black hole and the black wax they do too. Would I be right in saying I should clean the car, clay it, clean again, use 105 then 205, polish then wax?

Sent from my iPhone

I clean it, tardis / ironx it, wash it again, clay it, polish it, wax it. I always wash it again after tardis as the polish / clay sometimes reacts weird with the solvent residue left by the tardis. A lot of people seem to wash it again after claying, don't really see the point tbh as the paintwork is perfectly clean after claying it and buffing off the residue. That and I usually can't be bothered cleaning and drying it again lol.

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Well I've done half a bonnet as it started raining and yep it takes forever, wash dry, wash dry, clay, clean, detail spray a little, polish, wipe, check, needs more, orange pad, polish, wipe, check, happy :) rinse, dry, black pad, dodo wax on, wipe off and re-wax. Done! Boiled :( over 2 hours to do 3/4 of the bonnet!!!
Once I done it I had a good look and I think its been resprayed "eek eek"

ramane5a.jpg

mujutaza.jpg

gy4ynaqe.jpg

6abeda8y.jpg

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
I got a Carbon zfe da mate, 710w 1800 rpm, thrown all the cheap pads away and got a set of hexipads dodo wax, juice and 2x clay bars, the whole lot came to £163.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.