1.4 TSI ACT FR Edition just ordered

Jeff456

Jun 17, 2014
Hi all,

I just ordered a new FR Edition yesterday from a dealer, chose Emocion red but no other options as felt there seems to be a decent bit on the car to begin with! Really looking forward to getting it and reading about others experience, none in stock I was told so a 10-12 weeks wait for delivery as it has to be built.
Currently driving a RB Renaultsport Clio 182 which I love and have had for 3 years but drinks far too much fuel!

Last edited:

monstu

Jun 7, 2014
great choice, picking up our FR Edition tomorrow

The car is for the other half, she had a clio 172 for 12 years, sadly we sold this two weeks ago

CT4376

Hi all,

I just ordered a new FR Edition yesterday from a dealer, chose Emocion red but no other options as felt there seems to be a decent bit on the car to begin with! Really looking forward to getting it and reading about others experience, none in stock I was told so a 10-12 weeks wait for delivery as it has to be built.
Currently driving a RB Renaultsport Clio 182 which I love and have had for 3 years but drinks far too much fuel!

Hi Jeff you will love it picked our up on Sunday in red looks the business with the red calipers and seat belts! will be posting some photos on my thread in a little while

RichardE0

Apr 30, 2014
South Devon
Good choice! Ordered my red fr edition end of April, should be picking it up this weekend. Very excited! Coming from a bog standard 1.4 to the turbo will be a nice chance of pace :)

There doesn't seem to be any options available for an fr edition, only a spare wheel? So your not missing out on anything ;)

CT4376

I'm surprised that for a petrol it also has low end grunt too much like the diesel at low revs the thing is the edition just keeps going though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff456

Jun 17, 2014
Just rang the dealer to find out if there had been any progress, he couldn't tell me much but eventually found the car now showed a chassis number, does anyone know what this is likely to mean? He couldn't tell me for sure and has to ask someone else who isn't in until Friday...

RichardE0

Apr 30, 2014
South Devon
Just rang the dealer to find out if there had been any progress, he couldn't tell me much but eventually found the car now showed a chassis number, does anyone know what this is likely to mean? He couldn't tell me for sure and has to ask someone else who isn't in until Friday...

It means it's at least been built. But it should also say what date. It then goes status 30 which is in transit ie. on a boat.

Jeff456

Jun 17, 2014
It means it's at least been built. But it should also say what date. It then goes status 30 which is in transit ie. on a boat.
Well that sounds good may be that the other person can help me with that bit any idea how long it tends to take once built?

RichardE0

Apr 30, 2014
South Devon
Mine was built last week of May, I picked it up end of June. All depends on boats. There are about three boats you can watch that come to the uk. And how busy your dealer is. Takes about 7 days to ship over once on a boats then anywhere from 2 to 10 days to arrive at the dealers. Few more days to PDI it, then, and only then, shall you get the keys lol seems like a long time. Makes that day much better though when you pick it up :D

Jeff456

Jun 17, 2014
Mine was built last week of May, I picked it up end of June. All depends on boats. There are about three boats you can watch that come to the uk. And how busy your dealer is. Takes about 7 days to ship over once on a boats then anywhere from 2 to 10 days to arrive at the dealers. Few more days to PDI it, then, and only then, shall you get the keys lol seems like a long time. Makes that day much better though when you pick it up :D
Well that sounds pretty promising
fingers crossed it won't take too long!

Jeff456

Jun 17, 2014
Yeah you were right just spoke to dealer it's been built and three days old he is now saying will be around a month very excited!

RichardE0

Apr 30, 2014
South Devon
Mpg is around 40mpg overall. Got up to 46 on a gentle cruise on some a roads, but I was putting my foot down a bit (left some Alfa for dead after he was on my bum) the sat nav is good, good for streaming music off my iphone.

Jeff456

Jun 17, 2014
Mpg is around 40mpg overall. Got up to 46 on a gentle cruise on some a roads, but I was putting my foot down a bit (left some Alfa for dead after he was on my bum) the sat nav is good, good for streaming music off my iphone.
Well that sounds promising.. I do get 40mpg out of my clio 182 at the moment but that's doing 60 on the motorway and I work shifts so don't commute to work during rush hour sure if I drive similarly I could get over 50 in ibiza I hope!

Jeff456

Jun 17, 2014
Well my car arrived in UK on Tuesday and dealer is expecting to receive it next Monday or Tuesday so hopefully I'm picking it up next Thursday it's gone very quickly that's just 7.5 weeks so that seems good to me!

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
Has this improved? As I'm surprised how good mileage I get from my Cupra and I'm quite surprised how small the difference is compared to ACT in similar conditions.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

RichardE0

Apr 30, 2014
South Devon
Not really had the chance recently for any long drives... Short journeys get 35-40mpg but usually stuck in traffic. Good news Jeff, hope you enjoy it!

Et3king

Jul 18, 2014
I have had my FR Edition for a few weeks now and have done 2000 miles so far. No real problems so far, and I am really enjoying it. The fuel economy is pretty good on long journeys as long as the ACT kicks in and I got 55mpg on one trip back from Birmingham.

I bought this over a Fiesta Zetec S and whilst the handling might not be as sharp, the performance and economy are much better, and it does not suffer from anywhere near as much turbo lag.

In normal driving the car has effortless power in comparison to my last car and I rarely have to put my foot down to make good progress. The seats are pretty comfortable compared to the Polo and other rivals.

Sean89

I'm getting so excited now! i pick my red fr edition up next thursday :) glad you have positive feedback et3king :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.