leon cupra - winter protection

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
That is a shocker

Quoted me 40 for middle exhaust delete though, surely cant c0ck that up??

What about pipewerx in ormskirk area? Not rochdale but not too far for a decent system

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Got a bit more done this Aft,

My grilles came in from David at sere, top service

So split the linea r front grille

IMAG2923 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

Painted the surround gloss black, this is something I actually won't do for customers as I can't guarantee that it won't chip,

This is the grill complete

IMAG2924 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

I'm going back to a chrome back badge too but so far can't find any facelift tailgate handles on ebay :(

I then turned my attention to the scuffed splitter and reprinted that

IMAG2926 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

I also repaired the wheel that was caught,

After that I removed the rear bumper and fitted the new one, in the midst I cut off the twin pipes.

IMAG2929 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

Here are a few finished pics

IMAG2932 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

IMAG2930 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

Jake

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Well Jake, it's the first time in a couple of months that I've logged onto SCN and WOW! It's a great story. Hopefully the car will be enjoyed for a while yet. Top work as always [B)]

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Yeah I stupidly got rid chasing a dream, I can now say that since the leon went and having the subaru and the ed30. The leon is one of the best all round cars made, powerful well specd etc and good looking,

When I sold the golf I was kind of stuck looking for something and tbh nothing really stood out, and most of the Leon's for sale had no where near the spec of mine. So I made a call and got it back :)

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
Well impressed you bought your car back! Shes very pretty!! Really love - sometimes I play with selling mine too ..... then dont lol

.... were you on TV by they way .... dunno if it was u or not .... but really looked like ur car!

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Went to Powerflow this morning and they made me just the back section with new oval tip.

I'll get a pic later on as it's throwing it down lol.

Also met Sam last night and he took my old bumper.

Next plan is to lower the car more to were it was, sort out the broken fog light and then a quick polish.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Went to Powerflow this morning and they made me just the back section with new oval tip.

I'll get a pic later on as it's throwing it down lol.

Also met Sam last night and he took my old bumper.

Next plan is to lower the car more to were it was, sort out the broken fog light and then a quick polish.

Hey dude, was great to finally meet you. You seem a top lad, your car looked great too. Very jealous of your rear wheels.

I managed to get the bumper fitted today once I finally got out of bed, after 10 hours driving
Yesterday :lol:
I'm really pleased with it, paint looks awesome. Only trouble now, the rest of the car needs a good machine polish.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Lol. Was some journey you made, that's for sure.

Glad we could sort a deal out, off to look at your pics now.

Can't wait to see your remap results.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Well been super busy at work so not really updated the thread.

I decided to keep the fl tailgate and led lights, but had already bought a k1 spoiler listed on eBay, when it turned up it was a fake copy so not happy.

I've ordered a new fog light too.
Today I have serviced the car, and tomorrow will be mot seen as it run out on the 5th lol

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
So I won this catch can set up off ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161426961275?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

But it's different when they sent it ,

This is the wrong piece it's the manifold blank and he's sent a boost tap.

IMAG3095 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

Here's the can

IMAG3091 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

The bracket

IMAG3094 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

And pcv blank

IMAG3092 by cuprajake1, on Flickr

Now I need to buy new hose, but also something to blank off the manifold,

I don't know wether to just sell it on or try n make it work now.

Jake

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Car looks amazing! Loving the front grill that you've just put on, how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking as it matches my lower grill.

If the car hadn't have sold to the other guy you just bought it back from I was going to have it, but it sold before I was ready for one.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
Car has felt a bit lazy on cold start. So changed the bettery, whilst looking round noticed that water was still getting in coilpack 4, took it out. And it's rusty. **** design from seat. This is with the bonnet sealed.

Then on the way home started to get a miss fire, so tomorrow I will get new coils, plugs and then look at the leak again

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.