LEON Head unit problem

toppa33

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with the music system (standard Leon fit). Basically, when switching the Head unit on I get between 1 and 10 seconds of sound before the unit goes silent, all functions and displays operate, but no sounds comes out of the unit. If I change radio presets, the sound comes back on for a matter of seconds before silence re-appears. :(

Any Idea's...?

(I've switched off the automatic speed sensor volume, in case this was not working, but this had no effect)

Nov 28, 2006
Hi Toppa,

My head unit did exactly the same thing but before I found out what the problem was it packed in totally. I took the chance to fit an Alpine iPod HU so never found out what the problem was.

Have you tried disconnecting the power, leaving a few mins and then reconnecting?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
As stupid as this may sound, remove the head unit from the car and leave it for 48 hours. Then before you plug it back in, check all wiring and connections for any breaks. Give it another go and see what happens.

To be honest, I think you have a duff head unit. But these things may just help.

Oh, before you remove it, make sure you have the security code ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members