Bete Noir's Black Mk2 Leon Cupra R

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
I treated the Leon (and myself) to a set of Bilstein B14 coilovers, and a Whiteline anti-lift kit.
YrGOwwW.jpg

tqO7T2p.jpg

I had these bits fitted at JKM, and the car now looks a bit more poised :D
0jtGgl9.jpg

4xm5uED.jpg

I haven't explored the handling yet, but hopefully I should get the chance this weekend.

Last edited:

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
When I bought the car, the bodywork was smothered in tiny scratches from five years of being subjected to automatic car washes. I have machine-polished it a couple of times now, and the paintwork is just now getting a decent shine to it.
PjDuTxj.jpg

vBBOmZH.jpg

gEAlz9J.jpg

X8D9OMO.jpg

BSizfZJ.jpg

L6Z6ZSJ.jpg

Last edited:

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
I bought myself a set of SEAT Sport BBS 18" wheels to use during the winter. They have been refurbed in VW LA7Y Zinn Grau, and shod with a set of Toyo T1-Rs.
36vHYGQ.jpg

I need to do something about the standard centre caps, as the light grey does not look good. Probably a set of £10 stickers off eBay will do the job.

Last edited:

Mrski1

May 12, 2008
Aberdeen
That look fantastic with those 19's on, its also helped make up my mind about having the chrome wrapped on my Exeo.

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
dam that's clean,had you just washed it

Yes. When I first put the BBS on after refurbing the car was filthy, but I had to get it clean to appreciate what it looks like with them fitted

That look fantastic with those 19's on, its also helped make up my mind about having the chrome wrapped on my Exeo.

Thanks, I like the 19s much better than the 18s, which look ridiculously tiny in comparison. Glad I've helped you make a decision on your car.

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
My son gave me a set of Team Heko wind deflectors for Christmas (thanks Welly :thumbup: ) so I fitted them today.
76U6Zju.jpg

I am really pleased with how they look with the sunstrip and the splitter, they all seem to complement each other very nicely.
Gesw2uF.jpg

Last edited:

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
GUD & BAD together

It is a rare event when both my Leon and my Octavia are clean at the same time, so I thought I ought to preserve it for posterity.
tJ0VhzS.jpg

Last edited:

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
The plan was always that the Leon would get more power at some point,
and that time has come. I booked it into JKM for their "Stage 1.1" package, which comprised Revo stage 1 software, Milltek non-resonated cat-back exhaust, new OEM diverter valve (non-diaphragm). It already had a Pipercross filter in the standard airbox.

JKM did before and after dyno runs. Before it made a little over 260bhp/270lbft max, and with the mods that rose to 310bhp/315lbft [B)]. Fair to say I am pretty happy with the numbers :thumbup:

Before and after dyno plots:
RNSAx13.jpg

Purposeful looking tailpipes:
Qb8F8YS.jpg

Last edited:

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
Now the car makes some proper noise, I have unplugged the "soundaktor" (grumbler) from the base of the windscreen. I have always hated the noise it makes at low speed, and the idea of having artificial noise generated seems about as cool as clipping a bit of cardboard into the spokes of a bike wheel to make it sound 'like a motorbike'. I wish I had done it much earlier.

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
Fantastic build mate, amazing how the right wheels and ride height can change a car.

Now the car makes some proper noise, I have unplugged the "soundaktor" (grumbler) from the base of the windscreen. I have always hated the noise it makes at low speed, and the idea of having artificial noise generated seems about as cool as clipping a bit of cardboard into the spokes of a bike wheel to make it sound 'like a motorbike'. I wish I had done it much earlier.

Is this on all mk2 leons? I have a K1, will there be a 'grumbler' on mine?

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
Fantastic build mate, amazing how the right wheels and ride height can change a car.

Is this on all mk2 leons? I have a K1, will there be a 'grumbler' on mine?

Thanks. You are right, wheels and ride height can make a massive difference.

I think the soundaktor is on all the mk2 Cupras, but I am not sure. There are a few threads on here with more info.

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
All clean and shiny for the first potential buyer, who subsequently bought it.
dzSNdhb.jpg

Ready to be taken to its new home. Less than an hour away, so I may even see it around.
x1Q6GjH.jpg

Reactions: rob280
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.