6L Cupra Tyre Pressures - HELPPPPPP

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
This should be on a sticker on the inside of your fuel filler cap, but incase you don't I think it's 33 PSI half loaded and 36 PSI fully loaded.

Poverty

That seems quite low. Is the rear at 28 for performance/grip too? I normally do mine both to 33 but not got that much grip.

It does seem low but apparently thats what my 1.4 requires with the GSD3' F1's and the difference it has made is quite noticeable.

Was running 33psi before, dropped it down to 30 after being educated and my tires grip noticeable better, there is now less loss of traction in the wet/damp when cornering under power.

The back end of the ibiza is really light so needs less than the front and that is to maximise grip also.

The thing with ibizas is that because they are so light the cars do not put enough pressure on the tires into the ground meaning at 33 psi etc the car will handle more skate like.

p.s

I think most track cars run between 28 to 31 psi.

Reactions: kanyewest

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Interesting...I'll try lower pressures to see if improves wet cornering grip. I noticed an improvement in fuel economy when I put them up to 33, but then they were at 25psi before. :doh:

Poverty

Yeah I only put up the PSI in my tires originally so they would last longer :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise