iTB Ibiza Cupra 16v Track Toy - Engine Rebuild, Aero & More Page 73+

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
So what car was that actually for dude, as i have spoken to dave at TSR an he is getting some made for the 1.8 GTI 16 Mrk2 golf, is that the same one you have? how easy did the guys at prospeed fit it?

Cheers for the help from he pics on fitting the cage, you should sell it as a walk threw gonna sale threw fitting it now :)

Thanks again :clap:

Prospeed didn't do a very good job at it... asked them to knock back the bulk head (the modification needed) and they wouldn't do it... knocked like crazy!!!

Mine isn't the same as the mk2 golf as (beeza gti) explained, but try looking for a comapny called Top Gear because they did a copy of it.

OrcaGti

Jul 8, 2007
Inverness
the one pictured is for an abf tall block.mk2 16v will fit on the headers but will be to short for the abf.that one just about fits with some modification to the bulkhead;)

What about the ADL guys? mine is the 1.8 Gti 16v, so what is the story there :lol: its been an total mission to try an find stores an parts that actually know what engin it is :cry:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
What about the ADL guys? mine is the 1.8 Gti 16v, so what is the story there :lol: its been an total mission to try an find stores an parts that actually know what engin it is :cry:

Stop hijacking my thread fella! :)

Not too sure about the ADL lump tbh, sorry.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
What you got planed next dave?

Even more to update on.....

I got these lot to fit soon

Photo-0115_1.jpg

Neuspeen Anti Roll Bars 25mm Front, 28mm Rear

Photo-0113_1.jpg

Samco hose kit for a bargin price :whistle:

And a set of Corbeau Sprint Bucket Seats
Photo-0111.jpg

Photo-0112_1.jpg

You missed that bit Rich hehe :)

Seats will be in friday when i finish work and hopefully at least the rear arb..... then it's time to save up for a respray

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well it's about time i finished off the car!! :)

Found some carbon fibre door trims to now.... so they will be on order after I get new discs and pads for the front.

silversport

1.4 Power....
Feb 12, 2008
just read the whole thread and your car is lush, so much time and money spent on it.....
the colour grew on me as i looked at more pictures of your car to :lol:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Right almost finished fitting my buckets, got 2 more bolts left to fit on the seat and just tighten them all up and adjust the height, etc if need to....... and what happens it bloody hammers it down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:@]:censored:[:@]:censored:[:@]:censored:[:@]:censored:[:@]:censored:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well started fitting my buckets yesterday after work in between showers but then when I had the last seat to finish it p!ssed down…. That’s my luck! :cry:

Got woken up at half 9 by my dear mum, telling me to sort my car hehe..... and well here’s the pics of the seats

Photo-0123.jpg

Photo-0121.jpg

Photo-0124-1.jpg

Photo-0118-2.jpg

And a nice creative moment I had when taking the pics
Photo-0119-1.jpg

Then got on with fitting the Rear Neuspeed Anti Roll Bar since the rain is holding off. What a b!tch of a job trying to get them brackets onto the rear beam, rung PhilW to ask HOW!?! And all I had was him giggling like a girl to me lol.

Noticed then I had the bush the wrong way around…. Doh!

Photo-0126-1.jpg

Photo-0128-1.jpg

What a difference they it makes…. The car just grips and grips and grips some more, amazing how much it helps!

New tyres Monday for the front and a oil change then I'm ready for Castle Combe next week!!! :):p

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Damn Dave, your car is almost a road going track day car, I love it :D I'd rather have it then a Euro car any day of the week. What next after the respray?? Perspex windows?

Mig

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Nice work dave keep it comeing!i have been in debate about some arbs but iv hear they make the car real stiff and bouncey!but i dont wont make mine 2 harsh as its the family car!but i want more grip!any advise dave?

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
looking good fella! hope they're comfy or im bringing a pillow with me when we go to nurby:D

Yea they are fella but it's hard to get out of them lol.... would still bring a pillow for you head :)

Damn Dave, your car is almost a road going track day car, I love it :D I'd rather have it then a Euro car any day of the week. What next after the respray?? Perspex windows?

Mig

Gonna be removing all the sound deadening, flock the dash board and respray inside the car to.... Perspex windows, they have crossed my mind in the past.

Gonna be removing the front dor cards soon because I've found some carbon fibre trim for the front and rear.

Nice work dave keep it comeing!i have been in debate about some arbs but iv hear they make the car real stiff and bouncey!but i dont wont make mine 2 harsh as its the family car!but i want more grip!any advise dave?

Well I've only fitted the rear and I would recommend it. Theres a corner in the lane to get to the village and its called "Death Mans Bend" basically because everyone crashes there.... could take it about 65 on good tyres and I would say thats enough speed for the corner. Took it at 60 on the test drive with tyres that need replacing asap and it felt like 40.... :happy:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well here's another goody to go on the car soon!

Photo-0123-1.jpg

Photo-0122-2.jpg

The gauge holders from the LHD Ibiza's and also came in some of the 1.6 sports to..... got this from the dealer for a total price of £5.08

Had to wait 8 weeks to have got it and by the 7th week I was told that they couldn't get hold of the rear part of the holder and then 2 days later he found one woohoo. I was told by both VW and Seat that these are the last ones available

I think I found a bargin of a deal for these! :funk:

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Whats the part no dave i need 1!there was an audi 8
in scrap yard the other day.and they looked like the bottom part of the dash wash the same,i asked how much! £50+vat! It was 3 gauges tho,put my poor hart skiped a beat when he said that lol

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Whats the part no dave i need 1!there was an audi 8
in scrap yard the other day.and they looked like the bottom part of the dash wash the same,i asked how much! £50+vat! It was 3 gauges tho,put my poor hart skiped a beat when he said that lol

Back peice is 6K1863253
Front Panel is 6K1863263

And I got this clip cos I'm not sure if I need it or not N 0154222

Good luck finding one :whistle:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.