Jacks mk4 Ibiza Cupra, team ds:lc

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Yep. Post facelift (i think thats 56 onwards?) had them mate. Along with: a different steering wheel, which was slightly thicker and had controls for the headunit, different front seats with different cupra emblems, a different gearstick which was chrome and square with the cupra emblem, lower band for tax and the 'bong' noise was different too when you left the lights or handbrake on. There are probably some other things too that changed.

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
i've just checked parkers, you're right, it was never listed as an optional extra or anything:
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/seat/ibiza/hatchback-2002/equipment/

mine definitely had them, it used to beep when you put it in reverse, they worked really well. maybe it was something the previous owner fitted? then again, the car was only 3 years old when i bought it and it used to belong to Seat themselves.

here's a picture of them:
DSC01461.jpg

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Maybe Seat added them for the previous owner. Was just curious as never seen one with them! Looks good though, very tidy sensors on the rear bumper.

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
I've not logged on in a while - the Ibiza is long gone! I do miss it. One of the best cars I've owned. If anyone knows where it ended up (or even if the owner is somewhere on here) then let me know, I'd love to get in touch with the current owner and see what its like now.

Last edited:

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Just over a year has gone by since my last post, and I thought I'd drop another message on the thread. So, has anyone seen this beaut' or know where it is? I wouldn't mind getting in touch with the current owner, it's one of those cars I really miss haha.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
Your thread is still active on my emails so every time someone posts I know about it lol.Not spoken to you for a bit how's the family etc mate.

I don't know where mine went after ant sold it I know it had some rust coming on it .I did see a red Ibiza with my old sports wheels on I checked them out and they had the same marks on them as I did them lol.i still miss mine but don't think I'd get much in it unlike the Honda

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Your thread is still active on my emails so every time someone posts I know about it lol.Not spoken to you for a bit how's the family etc mate.

I don't know where mine went after ant sold it I know it had some rust coming on it .I did see a red Ibiza with my old sports wheels on I checked them out and they had the same marks on them as I did them lol.i still miss mine but don't think I'd get much in it unlike the Honda

Hahaha. It has been a long time mate. Too long. Everything is going well thanks, he’s settled in completely now and is a lot more interactive. He’s crawling everywhere, which adds a new dynamic to the house, always keeping our eyes out. Tiring still – I can only imagine how two would be! How are you doing?

I’ve just run a search, my old car is MOT’d but not taxed. So I’m guessing it’s off the road, (unless the current owner forgot to tax it). I’d love to own a cheeky little Mk4 Cupra again. Sians brother has just bought a yellow Mk4 Formula Sport. Like you say though, they’re just not practical enough for a family.

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
Hahaha. It has been a long time mate. Too long. Everything is going well thanks, he’s settled in completely now and is a lot more interactive. He’s crawling everywhere, which adds a new dynamic to the house, always keeping our eyes out. Tiring still – I can only imagine how two would be! How are you doing?

I’ve just run a search, my old car is MOT’d but not taxed. So I’m guessing it’s off the road, (unless the current owner forgot to tax it). I’d love to own a cheeky little Mk4 Cupra again. Sians brother has just bought a yellow Mk4 Formula Sport. Like you say though, they’re just not practical enough for a family.

That's wicked mate defo hard work now he's crawling as you said in to everything goin lol one of mine is crawling and the other bum shuffles everywhere they are at the stage that they don't want to share toys nod they want what the other one has so a lot of crying lol the past year has been hard as got my own place so been doin that up which has been a money pit but worth it

Iv seen on fb that slans brother has an Ibiza I'd like to know where mine went I saw a pic of it last year on another site know he's changed the wheels

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
That's wicked mate defo hard work now he's crawling as you said in to everything goin lol one of mine is crawling and the other bum shuffles everywhere they are at the stage that they don't want to share toys nod they want what the other one has so a lot of crying lol the past year has been hard as got my own place so been doin that up which has been a money pit but worth it

Iv seen on fb that slans brother has an Ibiza I'd like to know where mine went I saw a pic of it last year on another site know he's changed the wheels

Yeah man. Definitely worth it. You’re much better putting your money into property than anything else. Where abouts are you living?

He’s already ordered some coilovers and an LCR splitter – I feel like it’s 2011 again haha!

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
Yeah man. Definitely worth it. You’re much better putting your money into property than anything else. Where abouts are you living?

He’s already ordered some coilovers and an LCR splitter – I feel like it’s 2011 again haha!

Iv moved about 5mins away from my mum and dad's old house if you remember where that is or if you know where cherry tree school we about 200 feet from the school ideal for the boys :)

Tbf we are hoping to stay for a few years then look for a bigger house and rent this one out hopefully that is

Can still remember doin all the things on my Ibiza miss it tbf don't miss throwing money at it tho lol

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Iv moved about 5mins away from my mum and dad's old house if you remember where that is or if you know where cherry tree school we about 200 feet from the school ideal for the boys :)

Tbf we are hoping to stay for a few years then look for a bigger house and rent this one out hopefully that is

Can still remember doin all the things on my Ibiza miss it tbf don't miss throwing money at it tho lol

I remember where you used to live. It’s good that you’re still local.

Yeah that’s what I’d like to do too. Definitely the best way to do things, if something is only going to go up in value, you’re best of holding on to it for as long as you can. The only problem is that I’m terrible at saving, so if we want to move in to a big house it’ll probably require us to sell ours in order to free up the money haha.

Yeah I know. I’m still a bit like that with my current car. I’m always toying with the idea of getting a remap and a few bits and bobs from AC Schnitzer. Like you say though, I don’t miss throwing money at a car and I don’t want another car where I have to. With the little one it’s just not practical.

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
I thought I’d add another annual bump to this thread, to see if I can trace the whereabouts of the car.

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Annual bump for 2017. Still looking for the owner of this car. I wouldn’t mind buying it back if it ever came up for sale.

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Annual bump for 2018. The car is taxed and MOT'd so if anyone knows its whereabouts I'll be interested to know. Jack.

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Pretty much lost all faith that the car is going to be found. But if it is still around, annual bump as I'd love to contact the owner to see whether they'd consider selling.

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
This may give you a link... https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=33523 just googled the reg

Haha. Thanks for the help mate. I used the forum thread you linked to contact the poster. It turns out he wasn’t the owner of the car, he was just mapping it, although he was friends with the owner at the time. He contacted the owner on my behalf, but he since sold the car on and doesn’t know where it’s gone – which ends that rabbit hole.

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
It's been a few years. But another bump. Just to see if anyone knows where this car is. I'd love to buy it back.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members