Jacks mk4 Ibiza Cupra, team ds:lc

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
that looks well smart mate, i hope its actually slammed on its arse and not just a sticker ;)
do you have any videos of how it sounds?

"Mildly lowered and out" is more like it! :whistle:

Not mine, but found this video of a Golf on YouTube. I would suggest NOT thrashing it like he does, but you get the idea!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrsDIg9A2yc

This one is with the DV run the right way round by the sounds of it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKrZDGr03y4&feature=related

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Open cone filter like people have said and it'l sound like an atmospheric dump valve :)

Lovely car mate, i like them in red!

Vid of mine on rollers and you can hear it spooling and dumping clearly:

Open filter:

ef117b79.jpg

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Cheers mate,

Exhaust/ Induction side of things its got a forge turbo intake pipe, ITG maxogen airfilter, APR R1 recirv valve, then milltek turbo-back decat exhaust with resonated center section. Nice and quiet like standard when driving normally but opens up when its on full chat, i do quite allot of motorway miles so didnt want it droning away on the motorway so got the resonated center section.

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Cheers mate,

Exhaust/ Induction side of things its got a forge turbo intake pipe, ITG maxogen airfilter, APR R1 recirv valve, then milltek turbo-back decat exhaust with resonated center section. Nice and quiet like standard when driving normally but opens up when its on full chat, i do quite allot of motorway miles so didnt want it droning away on the motorway so got the resonated center section.

ahh right, i cant afford to be changing the exhaust or anything yet (i've just paid out 8.5k on the car) - what sort of sound will i get from just adding the APR R1 and airfilter? and how much am i looking at spending there?

Last edited:
May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
youl get all the whistling and dumping noises, just not the exhaust note. APR R1 is approx 150 quid and the airfilter was about 45-50 quid, then i needed a 80-70mm reducer. Any air filter will do with a 70mm neck and cheaper alterntive for the recirc valve will be one of the forge ones. I just got the APR one as it doesnt need servicing at all and it works with a diaphragm rather than a spring and piston, so you dont need to faff on with stiffer springs for stronger maps etc

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
so i can stick with a forge 007p - then get an air filter and i'll get a nice BOV sound out of it?
is there anything else i need?

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
i can get a "Forge Split R Dump/Recirc valve" for £70 - will this do? or does it need to be the 007p

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
that will do the splitr valve can be set to fully recirculate like the 007 only difference is the split r has the option of venting to atmosphere.

thanks mate. i reckon i'm off to pick this up this weekend then

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
To be honest if you are using it as a recirc valve (which it will be more reliably used as from many reports of people that have used them) you may aswell go for the 007p and save yourself a bunch of cash (£50ish) no point in paying extra for a feature you may very well never use or that could bring problems.

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
alright - i'm just buying my 007p now, what colour spring do i need?
is it green?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.