Jacks mk4 Ibiza Cupra, team ds:lc

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
bit of a problem
after fitting my 007p and filters the cars gone really limp and sluggish, it feels like i dont have a turbo at all... i think i'm into limp mode - any ideas?

i've stuck up a thread about it here

Last edited:

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
just commented on the thread.

cheers mate

and i've been out in this beautiful english weather to get some pictures of the car now its had its coilovers fitted:
Photo686.jpg

Photo687.jpg

Photo689.jpg

Photo691.jpg

here are the little beauties are through the rear wheel
Photo690.jpg

and the induction kit and forge 007:
Photo693.jpg

Photo698.jpg

and i've added some dicksound stickers:
Photo692.jpg

so my plan from the start:
- Lower DONE
- New wheels, still not sure what to go for
- BOV and induction DONE
- get a nice sound system, still looking into this
- dicksound stickers DONE

and a few more things i'm going to add to the list:
- remap
- de-wiper
- HIDs
- debadge the front grill
- anti-roll bar

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Looks good mate, it sits low at the back is that adjuster cups out? They should settle a bit after about a week aswell :D

Me and Scott-O just ditched the Cupra wheels for a set of Comps :thumbup:

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Looks good mate, it sits low at the back is that adjuster cups out? They should settle a bit after about a week aswell :D

Me and Scott-O just ditched the Cupra wheels for a set of Comps :thumbup:

not at the moment, the thread is as low as it'll allow, the fronts adjusted to match the rear, (thanks to adam_kelly) i think it sits at a nice height at the moment, its pretty level. once the springs have settled i'm going to think about taking the cups out and drop the front more too

and i've just checked your progess thread mate, they're nice wheels, but i prefer multispokes, i just need to find a set i really like

Last edited:

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
looks really good,are you finding the ride more comfortable now?
make sure the 007 isnt resting on the pipe bellow it when you fit new clips otherwise it will rub through it.

cheers man, the rides still really harsh haha - and i will do mate, i've got a friend coming over later with some jubilee clips for me, i'll update the problem thread with how it goes

looks good mate, such a difference coilovers make, makes me want to get some for my vRS, can get JOM coilovers for £200 new but as they say, you get what you pay for which is my worry

thanks - and yeah do it, i reckon lowering should always be the first modification to a car i reckon, especially for looks as well as better handling. the TA technix were only £180, but i know two people who've had them fitted to their cars, and they've both said they're fine and they've never had a problem with them so i went for it

Last edited:

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
bit of a small update:

Photo707.jpg

i've taken my fogs out to get them film tinted yellow - by to adam kelly
and i've also taken my sound proofing out of the bonnet, the 007p sounds loads louder and clearer
i think the springs have also now settled as the car is now sitting slightly lower than when the coilovers were first fitted

i've also made a video of how it sounds at the moment, the quality isn't too great and its pretty short but it gives you a nice idea:

Last edited:

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
i've had the fogs back from Adam Kelly and i fitted them yesterday
i did it late at night so it was dark but i've got a few pictures today

Photo713.jpg

Photo718.jpg

lookin good mate whats next on the motor :p

i reckon HID mate, then thats all the front lights sorted for now

Last edited:

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
so my car was returned from ets ripley today, and its finally running right, as a recommendation i wouldn't ever use that place again, i was treated like ****, then once it was finished the car was still standard ride height, the guy who fitted the coilovers said it was as low as the coilovers would allow, after looking we found out that they'd wound the adjuster the wrong way and the coilovers were at the top...

so once we'd spend another half an hour messing about and getting the car to sit level, then i noticed it started to knock from the front. a few days later we realised they'd not fitted the bearings in the top mounts, after taking it back to ets, they said it would be a quick job and done in an hour - which turned out to be three hours, and i also told them to ring my mobile (i was staying in ripley, and at the time lived in ilkeston, it was just me and a mate so we was going to get some food and go to a pub while we waited)... they phoned my house phone, which meant i missed the call, i went back to the garage and it was closed, so i got picked up by another friend and only realised they'd called my house once i got back in, so I was back home with no car and i had to organise for the car to get picked up on monday while i was at uni, leaving me stuck for the weekend...

but its back now, and its running properly, no knocking or noises from the front, but still... **** service, never use ETS ripley

Last edited:

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
also, i want to drop the ibiza a bit lower,

the rears at its limit but the front has plenty to go yet - a few people have told me to take the adjuster cups out the rear and that its safe as long as i leave the platforms in - has anyone else done this?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.