Daniel M's FR PD170 - Fixed 24.07.2017

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I'm really liking this! Good job with the headlights look a lot better cleaned. I also love the 3/4 number plate I have been wanting one of these for ages, where did you get it from? and are they legal?

Thanks, regarding the plate it unfortunately isn't legal and is slightly smaller than I expected but I do like it. I got it from here http://www.fancyplates.com

Is the grill easy to remove, i want to paint mine black very soon too?

Its a bit tricky to get the clips loose at the sides but with some persistence an a bit of force upwards it comes off eventually. If you search the forum you'll find some info on how to do it.

honkifyou

Apr 25, 2011
Plymouth
Another small update, managed to fit my Mtec headlight & sidelight bulbs, 3/4 number plate and swapped my octavia boot struts to the 515n's.

Mtec headlights fitted with standard sidelight bulbs.

B0711C33-062B-41C4-B853-BD7BF4FCB724.jpg

These really didnt look good together so I ordered some Mtec sidelights.

After

DCAC2FAA-C0FF-4BBC-8A09-37DB7E9D9DE7.jpg

Headlights & sidelights together

B7999BED-EB08-4687-B374-EB296D2D12A1.jpg

3/4 plate

8F85F901-B033-4C00-9A6C-B99990F8743F.jpg

Comparison with old plate

2282CA04-1BE1-4B97-B04B-E21684A90AE7.jpg

Should hopefully have my fascia's back this week too.

Car is looking good. Which MTEC Bulbs did you use and where did you get them from?

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I got the Mtec super white headlight bulbs (h7) & super white sidelight bulbs (501). There both from HIDs direct off ebay.

Think I'm going to order some gti pedals today.

honkifyou

Apr 25, 2011
Plymouth
I got the Mtec super white headlight bulbs (h7) & super white sidelight bulbs (501). There both from HIDs direct off ebay.

Think I'm going to order some gti pedals today.

Oh right ok. I've already got LED Sidelights. Do you have projector headlights or standard ones? How did you get the light patter right??

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

honkifyou

Apr 25, 2011
Plymouth
Nope you don't want HID bulbs unless you're planning on buying the ballasts too, I.e the terminator kit from HIDs direct. If you just want the same as the MTECs above then you just want these http://bit.ly/XHXobk

Thank you, I looked at those but I wasn't sure. I'm assuming they are daily easy to install and doesn't create any error messages??

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
The 3/4 plate that you ordered from fancy plates, did you order the size 390mm x 84mm ? Which is 3/4 the size of a normal plate.

have you been stopped with it on yet, im looking to get a front one ordered, did you order a rear one to?

Cheers

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
The 3/4 plate that you ordered from fancy plates, did you order the size 390mm x 84mm ? Which is 3/4 the size of a normal plate.

have you been stopped with it on yet, im looking to get a front one ordered, did you order a rear one to?

Cheers

Yeah thats the one I ordered. No haven't been stopped yet (touch wood) but its only been 4 days.

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Yeah thats the one I ordered. No haven't been stopped yet (touch wood) but its only been 4 days.

Cheers, I've just ordered a front plate in the same sizes...£19.00 including postage!!!!! that place must be making a fortune...

Did you just stick the plate on with that really strong double sided stick tape?

Cheers

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Cheers, I've just ordered a front plate in the same sizes...£19.00 including postage!!!!! that place must be making a fortune...

Did you just stick the plate on with that really strong double sided stick tape?

Cheers

Yeah they send you some with the plate. :D:

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Well my 3/4 size plate arrived about 25hrs after I ordered it!!! Surpose thats £4.50 p&p gets ya eh, super fast delivery. ...

O my its alot smaller looking than the original isnt it. It looks so good on the front thou, the standard ones just look so big now. Wonder how long it'll b b4 I get stopped, kinda wish I hadnt got one now as theres no way I want to take it off again...

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
I've got my standard plate in the boot as i recon i'll get pulled sooner or lator...

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
I've had a few comments on how much better the leon looks with the small plate, but I panick everytime I see a police car.

Think my going to remove the leon badge this weekend...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.