For sale £9,500ono Leon Cupra K1, Shark Performance Mapped 350bhp 496Nm

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Fair play pal this is an epic effort you have done. Bet your really looking forward to that first turn of the key

Thanks, I can't wait but I get close to finishing it and there's something little that I overlooked such as a gasket I need. Something very simple but put me back a couple more days. I was hoping to get it MOT'd one night next week but hopefully it will still happen.

I got another delivery form Sere last week, I got a new service book so I have a new one for he new engine. I will keep the original for history of it before the engine went pop! I also got some engine cover mounts and rubber so I can get the engine cover trimmed and fit.

I've kept all the part number for everything I've got and was thinking of starting a new thread with just part numbers in it. Parts and numbers thread so when people search it will come up with they useful numbers. If there's a thread already I will add them and someone point me in that direction so I can add them all.

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
That's a great idea I haven't seen a part number thread but would be really handy for everybody.

How much did your Linea r grill set you back

Think I got it for about £100 there not cheap. Might have been a bit cheaper. Can't really remember.

Reason I thought of the parts and number thread is there is one on the Skoda forum I use and it's great on quick searches for stuff.

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Looking forward to seeing this at the next meet, you've certainly put the effort in... Good choice on the Bahco socket sets, I've had a ½" one for years, good stuff. :D

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
You and me both buddy,I've tried my best with the bloody thing so hopefully it's all right and won't give me any more trouble when I come to start it. Yeah the Bahco set's are brilliant. Can't fault them I've had them for a few years now.

How's the new motor?

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
After you waiting so long and all the effort put in, I'd await till Christmas morning that would be the best present to yourself ever. You going to set up a parts thread I have a few parts/numbers and pics that can be added.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
You and me both buddy,I've tried my best with the bloody thing so hopefully it's all right and won't give me any more trouble when I come to start it. Yeah the Bahco set's are brilliant. Can't fault them I've had them for a few years now.

How's the new motor?
Early days yet, T'other half likes it but I still have fond memories of the R scaring me silly.....

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
After you waiting so long and all the effort put in, I'd await till Christmas morning that would be the best present to yourself ever. You going to set up a parts thread I have a few parts/numbers and pics that can be added.

Only thing is if I wait till Christmas morning and It doesn't go to plan that would be my day shafted ha ha.

Yeah I'll start a parts and number thread for the Mk2 Leon's. Hopefully it will be a lot of help for people.

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Looking at what you've done it's clear your spot on with mechanics I'm sure she will be sweet. Give me a nudge when the new thread is done and I'll add a few bits cheers mate :santa:

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Well it now lives. To say I'm over the moon is a understatement. After 5 months and 2 weeks of owning the car it is nearly ready for the road. I got my catch can fitted today with the rest of the induction kit, filled the coolant up and then it was time. I turned it over by hand after taking the spark plugs out for about 20-30mins on the crank. Then I disconected the fuel pump and turned it over on the key to make sure the oil was all round the engine and the coolant too. Then plugged the fuel pump back in,fitted the spark plugs and turned it over. Cranked it for a few seconds and it didn't fire but on the second go it fired up straight away. Smooth as silk sounded awesome to hear it after so long and it not go click,click boom!

After running it for a few minutes and all the oily hand prints had burned off the exhaust manifold and turbo and everywhere else that got warm, checking for leaks it all seemed perfect. I check the oil level after we switched it off, realised that it needed another half litre or so to top it up (thought it must have just got everywhere it needed to be) So went in for some tea for half hour then fired it up again, checking everywhere for leaks and spotted something. One of the worst places, it was leaking oil between the engine and gearbox. Looks as if the crank shaft seal is leaking. Hopefully it hasn't filled the gearbox with oil and the friction plate isn't covered in oil.

So tomorrow I will be ordering a new crank shaft oil seal and a couple of other bits, then when I get home from work I will start to strip the gear box off. Shouldn't take too long really. Looking like another 3 hours or so work.

Overall I'm quite happy that is sounds as good as it does, and fired up so easy. So this little set back isn't too bad in the whole grand scheme of things.

Last edited:

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Good work mate. Shame about the oil leak. However it could be worse, think positive. Will be good to see it working in the flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk