For sale £9,500ono Leon Cupra K1, Shark Performance Mapped 350bhp 496Nm

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Wow that was a bit of luck mate regards the farmer, although it was a set back at least it wasn't something major again. Bet you thought here we go again, that's the only downside of remote places like that when things go wrong and no kind of communication.Had a chain snap on me in the middle of nowhere but didn't have a spare or proper tools for the job lol used a rock and a rusty nail to smash out the pins and put a quick link in. If I had a signal I'd have just rang for help.

I was thinking about how I'd love to live in the highlands of Scotland, then I thought I fancy a curry tonight and I bet you can't get a curry delivered easy up there or even in the lakes in some parts. I was glad the farmer was out in his yard milking the cows. Ha ha

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
So I've done near on 700miles on the rebuilt engine now and all is going really well. So lately I've had to replace the disc and pads on the Skoda,I got genuine discs for a really good price, glad I did really as the originals was ready for it.

The grub screw rounded off on one of the discs so had to show it who was boss!

The discs that was on the car were definitely ready for replacing by the looks of them.
Old vs New.

So I got them done on Friday after work. Then today I was on the Leon again. I've been losing water out of the washer jet bottle. The hose for the headlight washer has been blowing off with the pressure. So the bumper had to come off.

I didn't realise that the pipe was held in place by a clamp on the bottle. It comes out of the pump with a 90 degree angle. You can see it at the bottom of the washer bottle.

After I refit it right I thought I'd empty the catch can to see if anything was in it. To my surprise it had a load of water and a little oil in there. Even after 700 miles. This is what was in it.

The pipe from the bracket looked like this, a lot of Mayo, water/oil mix.

I also thought I'd give it a bit of a clean while it was off.

Then fitted back in place.

On Friday it D-day as its getting mapped at Shark Performance, so this is all prep for it really. I'm a little nervous about it to be honest. But it should be fine, fingers crossed. After its dine 1000miles on the engine I will be replacing the oil again for some Millers Nanodrive oil which is ment to be the bees knees. There's a few more things I've got planned so a few more updates will be in order.

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Yeah it's used a little oil as it still bedding in slightly. I've used about 400ml maybe a little less but I was told that it's normal. The catch can isn't a bad size to be honest I think it will hold about 750ml-1000ml roughly.

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Good to see your not afraid of drilling bolts/screws out mate,have to do this a lot at work and you wouldn't believe the amount of people who are scared of doing such things.

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
I broke the 1000mile marker today on the new engine and it's running perfect. I've been upto a few little jobs and the first was to get rid of this carp!

I was left with this after I had taken off the stickers, so cracked out the menzerna Polish to get it cleaned up so the new decals could go on.

I couldn't not have anything on the doors as it was just too much white for my liking, I needed to brake it up slightly. I decided on a classic porsche design. My brother is a sign writer so I can get pretty much any kind of decal/vinyl stickers I want. I choose a satin black sticker over gloss as gloss shows up everything and isn't as glossy as paint. So this is what I ended up with, I like it but the lady doesn't. Please tell me you're opinions girls and boy and vent them on here as I'm interested in all your views. It was dark when we got done as I wanted it doing before it went for mapping.

As I was having my new map done by a different company that work with fact's, I didn't need the stickers. I also fitted my newly painted jacking point cover as I lost one while on a sprited drive:)

I made sure I wasn't going to lose these again so I fixed them in place by drilling them and putting a white zip tie x2 on each jacking point cover. As everyone knows they drop off for fun on the BTCC skirts.
I also got some gas strut brackets made up by a mate so didn't cost me anything. I will get a gas strut later on, in no rush at the moment for it.

Friday I was booked in at Shark Performance for a stage 3 remap or stage 2+ if your any other tuning company. I left home at about 7:15am. Got to Shark for about 9, talked to Ben and what was going to happen then went for some breakfast. I also booked for a rolling road run to make sure it was all perfect after the rebuild. The car performed absolutely brilliant and made 350bhp bang on with 496Nm. It's surprising how much different it is after the stage 2 revo. It pulls harder and for longer,the Rev limiter was raised to 7300rpm from 6800rpm. It's an animal on the road now, I will be needing a new set of fronts soon as they are getting low now. Ben was happy with the engine which I was pleased about as I was a little nervous about the mapping as I built it and have never done anything as big.

On the way home I stopped for a coffee after driving it for about half an hour,.I went down with my uncle and cousin as I always like a second opinion on stuff, they was suprised at how quick it was. I got a picture of my uncles car and mine together outside Starbucks, his car is a RSQ3 which runs the Audi RS3/TTRS 5 cylinder turbo engine. Awesome little car and very quick as standard with plenty more to give, he's thinking about having it mapped at Shark too.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Hi mate I'm liking the side decals think they look good! Had noticed them whilst looking at the images shark/Ben had put up on the site. There not to everyone's liking but hey you can't please em all.

Nice little milestone with the 1k mile marker on your rebuilt motor,you should be proud of your efforts. :clap:

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
I agree I don't think the decals don't suit the car.

Bet your pleased Ben was impressed with the figures and the running of the engine.

Think you should take me out for a blast at the next meet :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Good to hear all is well Lee, must be nice seeing your hard work pay off.

I agree with Oli, they do suit the car but, personally I wouldn't have them on mine.

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Cheers lads all I want is honesty. Yeah well I wasn't too sure on the Revo ones at first and then I left the on. Then when I peeled them off last week there was just too much white as the doors are quite tall. So thought I'd see what they was like, I like to be a little different. I really want to sticker it up in Martini colours but our lass would hit the roof ha ha.

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset
I say go for the Martini colours, especially if it's not gonna cost you much with a relation in the trade.

I had a car done last year which I thought (and hoped) every one would hate because of what I had done, but was surprised at the positive reaction........including the missus. Some people have no vision!!

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Martini colours would look great! Be like a Williams K1 haha

Yeah I think so too, I see it as a blank canvas with it been white :p

I say go for the Martini colours, especially if it's not gonna cost you much with a relation in the trade.

I had a car done last year which I thought (and hoped) every one would hate because of what I had done, but was surprised at the positive reaction........including the missus. Some people have no vision!!

What did you do? Pictures would be good, it's still not cheap especially if the lady doesn't like the. It will still be about £200 as it would have to be printed vinyl and not just coloured vinyl.

I have to agree with your mrs im afraid they suit the car though.:)

Cheers mate, I think I'll get a better picture when it's clean and day time. But each to there own.:D

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Good to hear all is well Lee, must be nice seeing your hard work pay off.

I agree with Oli, they do suit the car but, personally I wouldn't have them on mine.

It's a great feeling now I know it's running perfect and is all mapped and safe. I've got a lot of time on my hands now so I'll end up decorating/painting if the future wife has her way:blink:

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
My brother used a programme on his computer, it has the car on it and to scale. So when you draw a design it will give the suze so it will look exactly as it does on screen so there no guessing needed when it come to sizing.

This is what we came up with, we even looked at doing it red but it didn't look right, to me anyway.

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset
What did you do? Pictures would be good, it's still not cheap especially if the lady doesn't like the. It will still be about £200 as it would have to be printed vinyl and not just coloured vinyl.

Don't know how to post pics unfortunately, but if people don't like your Martini idea, they'd hate what I did!

Mine was 4 different colours all laid individually over each other with the standard paint showing through........didn't want a full wrap, mainly because I couldn't have got the colours I wanted.

Last edited: