Ryan's 1.2 Ibiza MK4

Faze

Jan 7, 2017
South Wales
Nice! If you dont mind me asking, how much did they set you back?

Im not used to all this seat stuff... ive always owned French cars lol apart from my random colt and juke.

RyanBarber

May 5, 2016
Cumbria, UK
ed2d783d3bd8bcef0689fe6ab2d49c12.jpg
95a7b7a3bfc0d6d1575730d8372ac4a6.jpg
8267ad3d0f98afbeda3571d4983cbffb.jpg
3c568cecc9c0a5ce5a73b316c2cf24e5.jpg

Got my facelift bumpers on, really happy with how they look, they were just a nightmare to get aligned properly! One problem with it now though is that I really have to slam the boot hard to get it to shut properly unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanBarber

May 5, 2016
Cumbria, UK
Nice! If you dont mind me asking, how much did they set you back?

Im not used to all this seat stuff... ive always owned French cars lol apart from my random colt and juke.

No problem at all! I got them off a Seat that was up on eBay for breaking. Managed to pick them up for £100 for the front and back

Faze

Jan 7, 2017
South Wales
Bargain! I paid alot more for my 172 bumpers for the clio wheb i did my sport rep. Didnt think theyd be that cheap. They look simular to the cuora bumpers to??

RyanBarber

May 5, 2016
Cumbria, UK
84dffcb33a1829362cddab03011cb536.jpg

Just a picture to show the current differences between when I got the car to what it looks like now. Pretty happy with how it looks but if I get round to it I'd love to lower it!

RyanBarber

May 5, 2016
Cumbria, UK
39c12e6a3dcd88b1eca35123a4d3c4ad.jpg

Little update on the car, was driving up to Scotland in it the other week and heard a huge bang. Couldn't see or feel anything wrong with it so kept driving. Yesterday I was driving along when the front left spring decides to break and the top coil falls out of the car, which makes me think that the huge bang the other week was something to do with the spring... makes an absolutely horrendous noise when going over bumps now! Just thought I'd include a nice pic I took of it the other day too.

relram

Jay
Apr 24, 2017
Staffs
Loving the mods

I have a 1.2 Ibiza SX 2005 myself and I'm wanting to also upgrade it cosmetically. Do the facelift bumpers just fit straight on? I'm guessing you got them off a 1.4 Ibiza? Thanks!

RyanBarber

May 5, 2016
Cumbria, UK
I have a 1.2 Ibiza SX 2005 myself and I'm wanting to also upgrade it cosmetically. Do the facelift bumpers just fit straight on? I'm guessing you got them off a 1.4 Ibiza? Thanks!

Yeah they just fit directly on, no modifications needed when I put mine on, there was a couple of screws on the underside of the rear bumper I was unable to get back in but all of the other screws fit in perfectly and it is securely held in place!

relram

Jay
Apr 24, 2017
Staffs
Cheers. I'll be on the lookout for a pair then. As for your new headlights where did you purchase them and was that a simple swap?

RyanBarber

May 5, 2016
Cumbria, UK
Cheers. I'll be on the lookout for a pair then. As for your new headlights where did you purchase them and was that a simple swap?

No worries! I got the headlights off of another Ibiza that was up for breaking. As for fitting the headlights it was a piece of cake, just take the front bumper off and unbolt the old headlights and bolt the new ones in. But getting the lights working properly was a bit of a pain as the dipped beam bulb was turning off when I flicked the hi beams on. In the morning I'll find the guide that I used to get them wired up properly for you :)

RyanBarber

May 5, 2016
Cumbria, UK
That would be a big help thanks!

The guide I used is on another readers ride thread on this forum. Basically if you look for a readers ride under the name of Blanco92's MK4 Ibiza I think it's called and scroll a fair way down you will find a post on there about how to wire up the twin reflector headlamps. Took me a bit of time to get my head round it but once I'd figured it out it took about 2hrs to wire it up properly and get it all working. Also used this wiring diagram for reference too...
96218e2d5c6ead9e6a2178c1037ac1a4.png

RyanBarber

May 5, 2016
Cumbria, UK
Well I unfortunately said goodbye to the Ibiza yesterday, the car needed a bit of work doing to it; front springs needed replacing, new coil pack needed, reverse sensor thing was broken (car didn't know when it was in reverse or not), engine was making a horrible rattling/grating noise when idling and general bits of rust and scrapes all around. Picked up a Fiesta Zetec S and was very sad to see the Ibiza go! Was probably one of the best first cars I could've asked for in my opinion!
392c2d4a93ca1728456f5f0f1b1f93d8.jpg

valteralmeida

Dec 10, 2016
Well I unfortunately said goodbye to the Ibiza yesterday, the car needed a bit of work doing to it; front springs needed replacing, new coil pack needed, reverse sensor thing was broken (car didn't know when it was in reverse or not), engine was making a horrible rattling/grating noise when idling and general bits of rust and scrapes all around. Picked up a Fiesta Zetec S and was very sad to see the Ibiza go! Was probably one of the best first cars I could've asked for in my opinion!
392c2d4a93ca1728456f5f0f1b1f93d8.jpg

hey, can u tell me where u buy the wiper arm cover?
i have a mk4 ibiza too and can't find one...
thanks.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.