ECU Swapping

stuibaby

MK3 Cupra Driver - Proud!
Aug 14, 2009
Bristol/Bath
The recoding....

Is this pushing data from the ECU to the clocks (Mileage showing on clocks of that of the ECU) or the other way round so that the clocks Mileage imprints in to the ECU so the mileage doesn't change?

Probably such a retarded question :(

Thanks non the less :)

Stui

turbo_scotty

Hi I'm a little confused (easily done lol) I've got a 53 lcr and I can buy a stage 1 ecu how would I go about swaping it over ? I have full vagcom ect cheers guys

Jul 12, 2013
RETFORD
At what year does the leon change to immo3? I did my first immo2 dash swap yesterday, real easy stuff! The problem im finding a lot it when a faulty cluster is in the car and the pin cant be read, then you need professional tools to recover the pins, not #20 ebay cables.

tsj

Some of the newer ECU's require PIN code. I am able to retrieve pin code and code these ECU's or if you have two ECU's... I can clone them... :)

Jul 12, 2013
RETFORD
Some of the newer ECU's require PIN code. I am able to retrieve pin code and code these ECU's or if you have two ECU's... I can clone them... :)

do you have a bench set up? im looking to do this, or read eeproms but it gets expensive out of the car.

kzslt1

ex-Alfaholic
Jun 11, 2014
Budapest - Hungary
Hi, is it possible to code an IMMO 2 cluster to an IMMO 3 ECU?
I'm doing an engine swap 1,4 (AHW) to 1,8T (AUQ) and as it turned out the factory cluster is IMMO2. Spent all day trying to align the pin codes etc. but without any success :(

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
oh well, that was a waste of money then!!, ile just put it on ebay, try and get something back for it, and ile stick to 180bhp for the moment. If anyone out there wants an ECU for a 2004 model "R", send me an email, ile settle for £175, its brand new, and i was told Seat/VW charge about £650 for these!!

Just remap your 180, you'll get 240+ then

Sep 5, 2019
Just had a second hand ecu put In my car as the other wasn't reading codes or couldn't communicate. Also had a full service done, a week later no power in car foot flat to the floor and car dies, my car starts and I can reverse but once I put it to drive it stalls. Cleaned egr it was clogged but now it wont keep any revs. Do I need the ecu looked at or is there some thing I'm missing

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.