Request to all Cupra TDI Owners

zidane

All,

After only 19,000 miles my clutch has started slipping. The car has not been chipped or modified in any way.

My dealership say I'm not covered on the warranty, which I expected, but I'm going to contact head office anyway direct given that I think 19,000 miles is poor for a modern day clutch. Dealership also said that by coincidence (is it I wonder?) another identical car with only 10K has similar problems.

Has anyone got any similar experiences?

(Needless to say if they don't cover this, its goodbye to a brand I have become attached to over the last few cars (Ibiza Cupra Sport and this Leon TDI)

Cheers in advance

wrc

May 1, 2005
TAMWORTH
my car is a tdi cupra with nearly 11,000 on the dials & no problems at all.
i have not got any type of slipping on the clucth at all sorry.

are you the only person that drives it...do you ride the clutch at juctions, the clutch is a hard one to prove its faulty. but 20k is low for a clutch. Peronally i'd read the warrenty handbook and find out whats not covered, it is a wearing part after all.

Sniff_Diesel

12k on my 05 Cupra TDi & no sign of slipping clutch

gutted for you mate - hope the :censored: pay up for a new one.

Davidp

Owl Member
Sep 14, 2004
Wirral
17,500 on my TDI and no clutch probs although the CD autochanger has just broke (Grr!).
Did 60k on my old 20vt on orginal clutch.
Must be somat wrong there mate after only 9k, that aint natural I tell eh!

Davidp

Owl Member
Sep 14, 2004
Wirral
g60jet said:
could be the hydrolics!! the slave or master cyliner could be playing up, check the clutch pedal is coming up all the way. the Mk4 golfs are known to have problems
Good point mate just remembered my 20vt suffered a master cylinder failure at 30k complete with sticking pedal.
That was replaced under the warranty, didnt cause the clutch to slip though just hard to disengage.

danthemanwhocan

Jul 19, 2005
Somerset
12k on mine and it slips all the time, don't think the remap has helped, but from what I know, its not a strong point on the Cupra Tdi.

Going to try it on the with the dealer come service time to get a new one under warrenty, otherwise its a helix one for me.

zidane

Thanks for all the replies.

To answer some of the questions, its had a mixture of motorway and town driving and although both myself and my wife both drive it, none of us ride or slip the clutch like say those oldies ;)

The warranty says 'fair wear and tear' which is why at <20K I think I have a case.

Anyway will keep you informed what Seat Customer Care say.

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
my ibiza130 has 46k on it , same size clutch , and has 240ftlb of torque ,. slipped twice momentarily last winter , cold engine , fully loaded up with people n stuff , not happened since , will post up pics of old clutch 2moro , kevlar one getting fitted 2day

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.