Passenger side wing mirror doesnt fold! Leon cupra 1.8t 2001 1m

Tevans1511

Dec 9, 2017
Hi I'm New here! So since I've owned the car I've had this problem where the passenger wing mirror doesn't fold when I turn the mirrors knob to fold , it doesn't even attempt to! And the drivers side makes hell of a noise when folding and looks like it's going to fall off sometimes anybody know what's wrong? I've tried the disconnecting the battery but it didn't work, also anybody in south Wales got vagcom to see what bits I can activate on my Leon? I want coming home lights etc

Deleted member 103408

Welcome to the site, get yourself OBD11 or Carista or Torque Pro to do a check (as these are all cheap and do lots of other stuff as well) and see if there are any error messages.

Have you got any way to see if power is flowing to the mirrors and if so I would guess that the motors have gone. i know on the MK3 Leon the turning mechanism is plastic so in the cold weather you can strip the teeth but you would still get some noise fron the mirror.

Did you buy the car from a stealer if so is it still under warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tevans1511

Dec 9, 2017
Welcome to the site, get yourself OBD11 or Carista or Torque Pro to do a check (as these are all cheap and do lots of other stuff as well) and see if there are any error messages.

Have you got any way to see if power is flowing to the mirrors and if so I would guess that the motors have gone. i know on the MK3 Leon the turning mechanism is plastic so in the cold weather you can strip the teeth but you would still get some noise fron the mirror.

Did you buy the car from a stealer if so is it still under warranty.

There's no noise from the passengers mirror at all, no motor sound of any sort unlike the drivers side which makes hell of a noise. There's no movement to the p/s mirror at all unless I push it in manually

Tevans1511

Dec 9, 2017
Also, I have torque pro but I have no fault codes and I don't think torque pro shows any faults or can do anything like obdeleven can

Deleted member 103408

Also, I have torque pro but I have no fault codes and I don't think torque pro shows any faults or can do anything like obdeleven can
agreed it cant make changes but i thought it read error codes

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.