Huddersfield SEAT

richard_c_61

I just want to mention that Huddersfield Seat have at last got a service manager who knows how to treat customers, the guy's name is Lee and he certainly changed my previous opinions of this garage. I hope he continues to raise the standard here, it is my local dealer and would prefer to use them rather than travel 60miles to Nidd Vale (who are excellant).

Just need to sort out the sales side at Huddersfield now, have tried to buy from them twice in 3 years and they don't appear to want to sell cars, which is a real pity because i'd like the full package.

Well hopefully they're halfway there! will use again for service, but buy there??

cookie1978

Jun 17, 2009
huddersfield
I hope they have pulled their socks up too, i live less than a mile away too. Trying to get parts out of them is even hard work, a simple leon cupra r splitter shouldnt have caused me so much stress and to make it worse i walked out without one.
This was 8 months or so ago, ive been reluctant to get my car down there for them to have a look why my esp doesnt work or the light doesnt illuminate. Maybe vagcom may help work it out. Will have to see if anymore decent things can be said about them before i let them loose on my motor.

richard_c_61

I went down with a list of things to do, to be honest i didn't expect a great deal out of them but my warranty was due to run out, the difference was remarkable, the service manager used to work for VW in Leeds and he seems to be making a difference, not once did they try to sell me tyres (a refreshing change).

As i said though buying from them a different matter altogether, although i believe that the sales staff have also been changed

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Sales are useless. I've been down there a number of times and even when you do get someone to talk to you they don't bother to call you back.

I've learnt to not bother now and have spent cash elsewhere.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Took my car there for warrenty on the 2.0tfsi chirping problem when cold and they did nothing, useless. There was just the women their, so may have to ring up and ask for lee to sort the problem out but my warrenty runs out at the end of next month so best get a move on.

Sales are totaly useless, wouldnt move on price at all even in the recession when it was bad for dealers, went to yeadon jct600 and they were much much better.

Jon FR

Sales are useless. I've been down there a number of times and even when you do get someone to talk to you they don't bother to call you back.

I've learnt to not bother now and have spent cash elsewhere.

SO true! I tried to lease my new Leon FR there last Summer. The girl on leasijng promised to get back to me on three occasions then went on holiday. The manager there was an arse too. I went to Hobbins of Manchester in the end and they sorted me out, no problem.

Terrible dealership.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Another recent useless experience from me too.

Went in to book a test drive of the MKII Leon Cupra, with the view to buying one if I enjoyed the experience. Sales guy booked me in for test drive the following Saturday at 11AM.

Turned up 10:40, spoke to a different sales guy as I couldn't see the chap who organised me a test drive. They said they had no record of me coming for test drive - he sat me down and asked if I had seen a car on the forecoourt that I wanted to buy........told him I wasn't going to buy anything before driving it to see if I like it or not.

He told me SEAT Huddersfield are there to sell cars, not to give out test drives 'willy nilly'. He spoke to his boss after I showed some dissaprovement to what he just said to me.......came back and said his boss had the same view and they were not willing to put test miles on the test car......LOL!

Stood-up, shook his hand and walked away. Bought a car from another place. If they ring me back I shall tell them not to bother ringing as I don't want to put talk-time on my phone.

Avoid them at all costs, complete waste of a dealer!!

Jon FR

Until I read all this, I thought it was just me they had an issue with! That test drive thing is ridiculous.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Another recent useless experience from me too.

Went in to book a test drive of the MKII Leon Cupra, with the view to buying one if I enjoyed the experience. Sales guy booked me in for test drive the following Saturday at 11AM.

Turned up 10:40, spoke to a different sales guy as I couldn't see the chap who organised me a test drive. They said they had no record of me coming for test drive - he sat me down and asked if I had seen a car on the forecoourt that I wanted to buy........told him I wasn't going to buy anything before driving it to see if I like it or not.

He told me SEAT Huddersfield are there to sell cars, not to give out test drives 'willy nilly'. He spoke to his boss after I showed some dissaprovement to what he just said to me.......came back and said his boss had the same view and they were not willing to put test miles on the test car......LOL!

Stood-up, shook his hand and walked away. Bought a car from another place. If they ring me back I shall tell them not to bother ringing as I don't want to put talk-time on my phone.

Avoid them at all costs, complete waste of a dealer!!

That mate, is a f**king joke. You should have said "i'm here to test drive the car. not buy it!"

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
lololol, thats amazing.

Had some issues myself, last one was when i wanted to change my Pre facelift cupra for a facelift cupra, rang them up (as its a steady 30-45mins drive for me away) which i thought would be easier, and the convo went like this..after getting put through to some dude in sales

"Hi, im after the new facelift cupra"

"yeah.."

"Yeah, umm, Just wondering what kind of price/deal you could work out for me as iv just been down to barnsley and im shopping around.."

"Well it would be the same as everywhere else...."

"... ah right.. *laughed*..cya"

What an absolute ****.

If he said "hey no problem, give me some details and il work something out"... id have bought the car from them. He didnt, that same day i rang JCT in Wakefield, got a good deal and bought the car.

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
I had some interesting experiences there. Dropped in to book my first k1 in for a service and said "can I book my cupra k1 in for a service?" She said "is that a diesel". I walked out.
When the new FR came out I went in and was told "no discounts whatsoever". I did some online research, found a broker who was disounting around 8% and went in with the evidence. The sales guy smugly said, let's ring them, I bet they can't get you one... We rang and lo and behold, the discounted car was available. After much sighing, sweating and head scratching, he matched the deal.

Still wouldn't take a car there for servicing...

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Had my car serviced there today. Was told by the service manager a few weeks earlier that it would cost £129 all in for an oil and filter service which was discounted, nice of him. However, when collecting the car today I was presented with a bill of £189 for the same service! After explaining to the lady that a price was agreed before hand, I was told that there was no note of this and had to pay the full amount! Was i going to pay, hell no! After a few minutes of arguing telling them that I wasn't happy with the way I had been treated, the lady managed to get the price down to £138 knocking off labour and fluid top-up costs which I paid.
I'm NOT taking the car back there after this experience, I didn't expect this from a dealership, what a load of jokers...

cookie1978

Jun 17, 2009
huddersfield
Must say i went to get a part the other day and actually came out with it, i could barely believe it after my last visit.
Granted it took me nearly an hour to explain i wanted the part which you bleed the clutch with on a 1.8t 6 speed box, the bleed nipple thats on top of the gearbox.

Would any of you know what i was going on about if you were a guy working in a parts department? Im a mechanic and never have problems with any other dealership.
Its a shame and i think the place needs someone to put their foot down and sort the place out. While at the parts desk you can see into the workshop area, didnt look profesional and like a bunch of chimps fixing em, young lads with no pride.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2010
Had mixed service here but I agree with the tyre selling lol. They've been fine with warranty repairs so far but ripped me off to the tune of supposedly changing an air filter. My car will be at awesome gti for any future work it needs

T1234

Aug 30, 2010
hi, i once tried to buy a car from them was all set to buy it and you know how u usually try to bargain well tried to get the guy called barney to trow me in some mats and a bit of petrol and he said im gettin annoyed here, wasnt asif id smacked him in the face. so i sed stuff it then mate if ur gonna have that attitude then am off! so went to seat menston, where the sales is better, but the after care is appauling, was wanting to know how huddersfield where for servicing etc coz was thinking of starting to use them, but i thought ad give em another chance of selling me a car this month and he didnt get back to me, and then eventually booked me in to which i find he booked me in for an fr diesel rather than a cupra petrol so i sed well there no point can you get a cupra, to which he said no not really. so i sed shall i go to another dealership then is that what ur suggesting, reply ye probably best.lol.what a joke!!

mark0123

Jul 6, 2014
Hi,

Apologies at digging up an old thread but I'm in the process of buying an ex-demo from Seat Huddersfiled on Leeds Road and wondered if their after sales service has improved since this thread started?

Paying £11,200 for a ex-demo grey Leon 1.2 S Trim with 4k miles first registered in Sept 2013 - does that seem a fair price to you guys?

Thanks for any help.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Nah there ****. Sold a used car to my mate which after buying and going through a proper inspection had clearly been in a smash and eventually had to buy the car back off him.

Bunch of cowboys down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slysi84

Dec 22, 2014
Halifax
What are they like for servicing cars? Mine is due next month and huddersfield seat are the closest to me

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.