*IMPORTANT* A decline in forum conduct that needs addressing!

cookie1978

Jun 17, 2009
huddersfield
Im a fairly new member to the site after purchasing a seat toledo 20vt. This is an excellent site with a hell of a lot of information on it, without this site i would have been well and truley locked out of my toledo. I moved the fuse for the central locking luckly before the central locking fuse blew, this was after reading the guide in here. (Door lock doesnt work).

As for the text speak, i dont understand it and im only 30yrs old. I dont use it on my phone nor can i read it, im not thick either.

With the information from this site im looking to try get a spare key cut and recoded cheaper than the dealer has quoted. So without this site its going to cost me for repairs if i dont have access to posts with the help on it.
Thanks admin for a top job so far. Hope i aint been of any trouble.

tony19b

Apr 12, 2007
Lancashire
I guess the forum reflects life in general, in that the majority of people are law-abiding and respectful of their fellow citizens, but there is always a minority of bone-heads causing trouble for the rest. It's a good thing to read them the Riot Act!

Although not a frequent contributor, I browse the forum most days and find it informative and entertaining. The administrators are to be commended for their efforts to maintain the high standards.

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
I have only been a member for a couple of weeks now and have only found the site to have been of a great help and a credit to the guys who are keeping it that way, and already proudly displaying my scn window sticker!!

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Good points well put! Read, learn and put into practice people. This is a good site and it would be sad to see it go the way of so many others.

TallFella

Hello Tom, come down Tom
Nov 6, 2003
Bedfordshiria
Visit site
I remember when this place had standards! :lol:

Seriously though dudes, good work. I haven't had a SEAT for over a year now and I still keep coming back - and there's good reason for that. I'm a member on several forums for several things, and this one is by far the best motoring based forum I'm currently, or have been a member of, good and fair mods, decent folk poulating the pages.

I'm not the most knowledgeable of chaps, and will admit my posts have not always been about the car I loved, but I don't think I was excessive. Been a member a long time, and still my post count is p*ss poor - but then we don't come on here for a posting competition do we?

Keep up the good work dudes (and your dudettes)

Well done, and long may in continue.

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
fair play z :) i use a few forums and to be honest this is the nicest one i have come across! thats one main reason i keep coming back its like home to me even tho i have kind of moved on. keep the peace up :)

weemanno1

Jul 11, 2009
sounds perfectly fair to me ,.. its old school rules and applies to any forum :) and rulles are there to be adeered to... so fai rplay !!!

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
There does seem to be an influx of keyboard warriors with points to prove. Both from new and old members.

I spose its a case of being able to see "the line" and not crossing it!

Jimski

madmac26

I agree to what you have posted, some people think that they are clever why not take a look in the mirror as all you do is ruin it for others.

silverbob

This is a great site and most useful to all us SEAT owners and the last thing we need is the
few thoughtless users spoiling it.
So lets use for the purpose intended and carry on enjoying it!!!!!.

ibizacuprafaded

This site is a great help/resource, only been a member for a couple of weeks but absolutely love it.

Fair points that will be taken on board, the forum afterall is a privelage not a rite

Shaggy

Zboyd's Pimp
Good post.

I think sometimes we all need to step back and take a look at what we/you get from this site for no charge and the work the people who run it put in for no fee, in their spare time day after day after day.

A fair amount of you will have no idea what goes into running a site of this size (i don't mean to sound condescending here) It is, in itself a full time job, before, after and more often than not during their normal paid, day job's, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

All I would ask is that you treat the site, each other, and the people who run it with a little respect.

Lets not let a small minority of idiots harm what you have all helped become and continue help maintain the status as the No.1 Forum for SEAT Information.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members