1.0 tsi 6 speed gearbox very stiff

cypher007

Jul 13, 2008
I don't know if this is because I'm not used to a new car or the cables need adjusting or theres no oil in the box.

but I'm finding it hard work driving my new car, especially 1-2. it feels almost snatchy on the last few inches as it goes into gear. we have the same problem on our old MK2 but that's due to the cables.

has anyone else found it stiff to change gear?

cypher007

Jul 13, 2008
ok ta mate. looks like ill be chasing a dealer to fix it.

also do you find you have to correct the steering when on a long straight. I don't know if its because there is some play in it or maybe I'm just over correcting, but the MK2 seemed to be less work.

whats you mpg? we went 15 miles highway 50mph then some town I got 50mpg.

done nearly 200 miles now and long term is 42mpg.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
It runs straight. The old one did too and never had any one sided tyre wear either.

Only done 50 miles home so far at 47mpg I think.
That's off the dash though and my old one was 6% optimistic, I'll do a brim to brim figure soon.

Westgate were totally sound over delivery faults with our Ibiza. Good service throughout.

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
pleased to note the 4th gear matter is not unique to me, my car runs straight, no problems here. I have also found the on board fuel economy is over optimistic, I hope the speedo is accurate or over states the speed as earlier today I went past a police camera van that was on a bridge overlooking the M27 near Portsmouth .... the car seems to be very quiet and relaxed when travelling over 70, real danger of speed inadvertently increasing, I've set the speed warning system as an alert!

Toledo TSI

Sep 20, 2017
My gearbox is very smooth but on occasions misses the odd gear, can't remember which gear.

Toledo TSI

Sep 20, 2017
ok ta mate. looks like ill be chasing a dealer to fix it.

also do you find you have to correct the steering when on a long straight. I don't know if its because there is some play in it or maybe I'm just over correcting, but the MK2 seemed to be less work.

whats you mpg? we went 15 miles highway 50mph then some town I got 50mpg.

done nearly 200 miles now and long term is 42mpg.

Have you been to the dealer yet concerning the gear box?

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
I find the gearbox is much smoother now, 4th gear slots in fine without earlier "notchiness" - have driven 14,600 miles