vag-com in Aberdeen area?

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Just got my LCR. It seems in good nick, no real reason to suspect there's anything seriously wrong under the bonnet but would be interested to see what the output from VAG COM shows, as I gather that things can be amiss without lights coming on etc.

Am in the Aberdeen area, new to LCRs and SCN but will happily buy a few beers (or whatever is the done thing for help with VAG COM) for anyone willing to help!

Disco_Mikey

Dec 28, 2009
Dundee, Scotland
Just got my LCR. It seems in good nick, no real reason to suspect there's anything seriously wrong under the bonnet but would be interested to see what the output from VAG COM shows, as I gather that things can be amiss without lights coming on etc.

Am in the Aberdeen area, new to LCRs and SCN but will happily buy a few beers (or whatever is the done thing for help with VAG COM) for anyone willing to help!

If you are interested, there is a big inter-forum group buy over on Briskoda for Vag-Com. Price is £202, all in IIRC. Got my order in already, just awaiting delivery now.

If you still need a hand when I get my copy, and you fancy coming down, your more than welcome :)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Am pretty skint just now, am planning on getting my own VAG COM at some point but having just bought the car the old funds aren't as healthy as normal :) Am supposed to be saving up with the g/f to get a place together too...

To be honest i'm still a bit confused about what I'd need to buy and what all can be done with it so would be good to see one working first-hand before shelling out. Hmm, you're in Dundee - that's do-able. About to send PM :)