New Member! Plus Questions about Toledo upgrades.

CH11LER

Aug 20, 2017
Hi guys, this is my 1st post.

I have a 63 plate 1.6TDi Toledo. Not sure which trim level as it's second hand but with only 45k miles on the clock.

I have the Seat media system 2.2 with DAB but I would like to be able to mirrorlink my phone to the screen so... would it be easier to replace it with a more modern Seat head unit or replace it with a double din android unit?

I'm also considering getting a VAGCOM but not sure which one I need.
Are the ones you find on eBay for about £10-15 which connect to either a laptop or android any good?

I am simply wanting to activate any hidden features which might be disabled, de-activate the "granny lock" setting so I can unlock the whole car with just one click, and so it won't lock after 15mph, change the kph reading to MPH on the information screen and program a new key ( the car only came with 1)

A couple of other upgrades I would like to do is control the rear electric windows from the drivers door... I've never seen a car with full electric windows without been able to control the rear windows from the master controller!

LED lights.... Not 100% on the bulb sizes as yet but has anyone replaced the main beam with LED? Do they bleed light like aftermarket HIDs when they were popular?

Almost forgot... my aircon is nice and cold when turned on, but stinks like a wet dog... is there a filter or something which needs replacing?

Hope to make this site my new home to share car information and have a laugh. I know the Toledo isn't the most popular Seat but the boot space sold its self when I saw it :D

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Welcome.

I have Seat Media 2.2 as well, it doesn't do mirror link, so if you need that you'll have to change out the HU.

I've not tried VAGCOM / VCDS - the official Ross-Tech stuff seems really expensive.
Check the VAG-COM section on this site or the VCDS section on BRISKODA.

The hidden features on my car were done with Carista (android/iphone app). There is a thread about it in the Mk4 section here. I've changed settings on locks, alarm beep, wipers, lights, dial sweep, dash displays to big MPH. Look at Carista website for a full list. It may be that it costs too much these days though.

Air con - needs a Filter change I think. There's a recent thread on BRISKODA - Rapid Section about it ...

Ah. I did not know if you knew the Toledo was built by Skoda, and is a near clone of the Rapid Hatchback.

Anyway, getting rid of mine next month... for a new Toledo.

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
If VAG COM / VCDS is too expensive, track down a member on here near you who has it and might do you a favour.

CH11LER

Aug 20, 2017
I decided to get an obd2 bluetooth reciever and use Carista to do most of the stuff... it's just programming a new key which might be an issue

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.