Multimedia Car Setting

Toledo TSI

Sep 20, 2017
When pressing the car button on the multimedia to get mpg since last refill, on the left hand side of the screen there is an image of a Toledo. Does that image ever move across the screen?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Dunno.

I only ever have Nav, Radio or Media on screen. I only used the Car button to access the dash and alarm initial settings.

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
When pressing the car button on the multimedia to get mpg since last refill, on the left hand side of the screen there is an image of a Toledo. Does that image ever move across the screen?

I've not seen it move, note the MPG figure is optimistic, never yet achieved ... likewise the miles to empty figure which I don't trust either!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
When I test drove. it showed zero miles to empty. added 3 litres. still showed zero miles.

Never got more than 52 litres into the previous Toledo (55 litre tank) in 35000 miles, even when showing 5 miles to go.

Computer mpg figure in previous Toledo was 6% optimistic.

The fuel burn figure can be corrected using VCDS / VAGCOM though.

Last edited:

Toledo TSI

Sep 20, 2017
I refueled this morning to the brim at the same garage and just put it on Fuelly and it tells me my I did 60 mpg on my last tankful.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Wow.
Mines doing 52 mpg on slow A roads according to the dash. It'll be a few weeks till I get a brim to brim figure.

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
I refueled this morning to the brim at the same garage and just put it on Fuelly and it tells me my I did 60 mpg on my last tankful.

Stupendous! I don't do "slow" ... best is 49 mpg - but on current tankful with the spare wheel in place and restricted to 50mph this will be bettered....

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
Lol.

Should you not have picked a car with some power, handling and grip then?

This is the least likely tearaway's car on the market. OAP's and cabbies only :D

I'm looking to be an OAP in a few years, that is before the retirement age was increased!!

True there are faster cars 0-60 and others offer better handling / grip but there is a massive difference between a slow driver and the way I progress. I'm no boy racer, never have been, and have a clean licence too, but nor will you find me in lane 1 at 60mph on the motorway - or at 25 when safe to drive at 30 in a 30 zone etc. The 1.4 engine in the automatic would have been nice, but I have read too many negatives to buy a VW automatic. (Perhaps things have changed, time will tell). Also didn't want a diesel car, although I understand there are some good offers out there.

And of course the price, the August offer was way too good to miss. :)

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Me too. However, after 3.5 years in a Toledo, I can tell you it lacks torsional rigidity and wallows through corners at high speeds. The car is just not capable of giving a fun drive on twisty roads. However, it is very cheap, and that's why I bought another one.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members