Tyre Pressure Warning Light

apox21

I had a blow out, a few weeks ago (I hit a curb), Called Seat breakdown service who sent out the AA. They towed me to a tyre place and got 2 tyres replaced.

My now tyre pressure warning light comes on when ignition is switched on and cannot be reset. I've tried when stationary and on the move, but with no joy.

I've checked the tyre pressures on numerous occasions and all seems fine, It seems like the tyre place didn't reset the sensors.

Does anyone know a way if there is a way i can reset the sensor without taking it to the dealer and paying a fortune for the pleasure.

Thanks

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
dealer shouldn't charge you if the system is faulty....

that or the tyres are different diameters on teh same axle

apox21

Thanks for that, I've checked the diameters and all are good so looks like it must be faulty.

If it is faulty will it be covered by warrenty?

apox21

Certainly have tried pressing the button to reset it, but it doesn't do anything, the light stays on and you don't hear the beep.

apox21

steady, you turn on ignition and it's on you try and reset and it won't go out

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Start the car... push and hold the button for 10 seconds until the light goes off ... drive ...

Should never come back on :)

apox21

Took it to dealer, there was corrosion on the terminals of the switch (some drink must have been spilt on it) dealer replaced it free of charge. If light just came on, chances are you have a slow puncture, check pressures of all 4 tyres. If holfing the switch in for about 10 seconds doesnt clear the light, then take the switch off and have a look

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members