Alahambra door mirrors

LRH390

Jan 8, 2018
We have had our new 2017 alhambra Xcellence for five weeks now and are very pleased with it apart from the door mirrors not folding on lock/unlock. Apart from it being annoying having to remember to fold them before opening the door, it is dangerous because you can not have a quick glance in the mirror to check for bikes or other traffic before opening the door. I have contacted the dealer who said it cannot be altered in software. They said it was possible to do it on pre facelift vehicles, but not on post facelift vehicles. Does anybody know if they are correct or not. I would be grateful for any information.

stevie-p

Registered VCDS User
Feb 10, 2018
Doncaster
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I have just done the activation for this on my Pre FL Alhambra, so I can only help you with the coding for that, but if you have or can find someone with VCDS/Vagcom then give it a go.

I don't think too many people have started playing about with Post FL models yet, prob to worried about warranties.

Anyway Coding I have used;

42-Door Elect, Driver
Coding --> Long Coding
Byte 4 --> Bit 6 Comfort Mirror Folding active TICKED

If you are in or around Doncaster, bing it to me and I will happily see if it can be done.....

Steve

LRH390

Jan 8, 2018
Thanks for that. Unfortunately donny is nearly the other end of the country so too far to take you up on your kind offer. The vehicle is a Motability lease so would have to be very careful about modifying the software. I can not understand why SEAT have not made this facility standard in the Alhambra Xcellence, which is after all pretty near the top of the range with all sorts of bells and whistles available to the driver. I understand that lock/unlock folding is standard on several other SEAT models. Thank you for your offer. LRH390.

stevie-p

Registered VCDS User
Feb 10, 2018
Doncaster
Oh well, If you ever fancy a bit of a long day trip give me a shout and I will put the kettle on!!!! lol

The modification viewpoint is prob one that has the possibility to start a long running debate, my view is that this not really a mod. The control module already has the feature available (yet to be seen on your 2017 model) and all that is being done is that this is being switched on.

What I can tell you is that with the feature working you would have to know that the mirrors do not fold immediately. When you lock the car you have to hold the lock button for around 2 seconds and the mirrors will then fold in (not something most people would normally do.

If you can find someone with the correct lead and software (who knows what they are doing) near to you then they would also be able to put the car back to standard when you were to return it that the end of the lease. As no physical mods have been done, you just un-tick a box in the module software and hey presto, factory standard settings return.

It is one of the many baffling things I find in the VW Group setup. That it was never even offered as an option is weird. My MY13 SE Lux (top of the range at the time) also didn't have auto fold, but it isn't just a Seat thing as some Skoda's are the same and my wife's last car (2011 Passat) had factory folding mirrors but there is no way to get them to fold off the key at all.......

Not the weirdest thing though. That is the fact of why would anyone buy a VW Sharan, when you can buy the same car (the Alhambra) with load more standard Kit, built in the same factory by the same people, but pay loads more for it. I am waffling now aren't I...............

Anyway, good luck trying to get it sorted....

Deleted member 103408

You can also use OBD11 to do this sort of thing so again if you have anybody near you with it they can also have a look, coding is the same.

VW Have disabled some of the long coding on the facelift models but its in the Adaptions so I am sure its possible. with regards to warranty I would not worry about it as this is small scale changes but the official response from customer services was

If also you turned on any features of a component that did not come as standard on your vehicle and that component broke the cost will not be covered by SEAT and in doing so the warranty on any related parts can also be affected.

myounus

Alhambra UK Northwest
Apr 9, 2018
If you are near the northwest I can activate this for you. The selectable 'coding' features via VCDS will not invalidate your warranty or cause any issues.
The mirror fold on lock/unlock is programmed into the eeprom differently across the VW range depending on region and country as different laws/regulations apply. It is possible on some models to simply code the mirrors to fold on the door control module, however, on others you would need to flash the eeprom and/or add a third party unit.

The only way to find out for you is to get yourself a VCDS/OBD11/VCP cable and try it for yourself or find someone nearby with one.

Good luck....

BostonDriver

Jun 4, 2018
I don't think too many people have started playing about with Post FL models yet, prob to worried about warranties.

stutro

Apr 20, 2016
I have had it done at dealer. OK you have to hold lock button in for a few seconds but it works and then they fold out once you have started the engine. It can be done on faelift models. Mines at 19 plate xcellence model

Dec 15, 2019
I have had it done at dealer. OK you have to hold lock button in for a few seconds but it works and then they fold out once you have started the engine. It can be done on faelift models. Mines at 19 plate xcellence model
That can be made to all model that have the folding mirror knob...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.