Postioning of LEON badge on Cupra R

SuperTubby

Hi,

I'm still searching for a Leon Cupra R to buy. During my search I'v come across examples where the LEON badge on the boot is positioned in different loations.

Most of the examples seem to have L E O N badge in the centre and in line with the Cupra-R badge. However I've also seen some where the L E O N badge is placed higher up on the boot lid and some where the LEON is not spaced out. Oh and I'd I've also seen a couple that say CU P R A instead.

Now, I'm assuming that the badges that are not spaced out would have been done aftermarket to suit the taste of the owner but I'm not sure about the postioning of the badges on the boot. Do they come as standard in different locations or have people moved them? I can't see the point of moving the badge a few inches up or down so it also got me thinking that the car could have been damaged repaired?

Any help?

JamJay

California Bound
The correct way the badge should be displayed is, as you say, level with the Cupra R badges, in the centre of the bootlid and spaced out as L E O N. Any other display is after market and the idea of the C U P R A badge on the back has been taken from the MK2 Leon.

The L E O N lettering is quite well known for perishing over time or falling off (as mine did). I decided to remove the lettering altogether (I had 1/2 of the E missing) and it looks much much better, the bootlid looks alot smoother and cleaner. It's down to personl preference really and it's not as if you cannot put the badge back on when it comes to reselling the car (if the prospective buyer so wishes).

Hope that helps :)

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
if you have a look in the 'infobase' section pabs has kindly made a template that you can cut out and use. i popped my key in the lock with some string and a ball of blutac to wheight it down so i could get it central.

John _Boy

just out of interest where abouts is the cupra badge supposed to be as mine has been removed previously and i think it may have been from the bottom right corner as there is a few scratches that look like someone screwdrivered it off.. (muppets)

J0N

Defected!
123.jpg

As far as I know mine are where Mr SEAT put them. (2005 LCR 225).

John _Boy

cheers, so that clears up what the marks are they are from some muppet using a screw driver. why don't people learn just heat slightly with hair drier and they peal off by hand...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.