leon cupra R onvi yellow

super_electric

Ps3 Tag: nixonoioi
Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
….up date.. few weeks ago after having a “good run out” could smell burning rubber soooo pulled over and when I lifted the bonnet there was smoke coming from under the heat shield where the turbo hose is covered I know they are prone to crack, so I slipped one end of the turbo hose off and had a look inside and well…. Well… well 2 quite big splits and the hose was covered in oil *will pictures later*

old standed style
richardscar012.jpg

new Forge style
f33b_1-1.jpg

sooo ordered a forge one looks like they are the only ones who doooo the type of hose part from a replacement from seat etc, fitted it bit of a pain 2doo as not much space 2 work but took it back out 4a spin….. Stopped 2 check it was all ok…. But could see black smoke coming out under the bonnet as I lifted it up small fire started. Same place *heat shield area*… very lucky I had my Extinguisher

Photo005.jpg

Photo001.jpg

Photo002.jpg

Photo006.jpg

Photo003.jpg

I have taken the heat shield off and looks like that’s where it had stared burnt/black smoke it’s the one that covers the silicome hose that joins on 2the turbo looks like it was just socked in oil from the original split and socked up enough 2the point it could/did catch alight from a “good run out”.. .. have since taken all the bits i could off my car and can see nooo other damage or excesses oil anywhere and car still runs fine…. will be getting another Extinguisher be for doing another run out 2test it lol

Last edited:

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
Glad there's no damage and she's running ok.

Bloke I work with had a pug 205, and it caught fire one day when he was out. So he pulled into a petrol station to have a look:doh::doh:

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Glad there's no damage and she's running ok.

Bloke I work with had a pug 205, and it caught fire one day when he was out. So he pulled into a petrol station to have a look:doh::doh:

Haha was he smoking and on this mobile, :-o I was in the middle of no where on the moors and noooo single on my phone but yep all is well and sorted now I hope!! :drive1:

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Well with all my bits off the car my THS boost hose x2 and my TIP tuned up *not all bad then* sooo popped them on grrrrrrr @ the jubilee clip at the back of the Tip and with my new extinguisher in hand was ready for test run 2….. This time no smoke from the turbo heat shield area and car running really….*will add pictures*

100_0746.jpg

100_0745.jpg

100_0744.jpg

Last edited:

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Big fan of the Fabia wiper. Suits the car soooo much better than the spindly oem one:thumbup:

Still haven't got round to painting any bits yet, hopefully next week.......:redface:

i know something so simple just cleans the look of the back end up "just nice" lol....
.....STILL..:stick: sheeeesh get it tackled lol....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.