AndrewJB

Guide to updating RNS310 Firmware

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Please help!
i have done all three updates from 0227 to 0351 and then to 0357 and i have no changes on my device,all is the same,but the softwer version is now 0357

Changes will be:

ability to turn speed signs on (in the settings)
Speaker quality gets better
7 digit post code

ms7

Thank you,and what's with the phone button?my just mutes the radio when i press it...

ms7

I have a bluetooth module under the passenger seat but I do not know how to check if it works, my phone can not seem to find the module, I tried it with several cell phones and fails

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Thank you,and what's with the phone button?my just mutes the radio when i press it...

In some VAG vehicles that button is the voice activated dialling control, in others (even with the same head unit) it works only as a mute button.

ms7

Thanks! and how can I check if my Bluetooth module is connected to the device RNS 310, and if it is connected, whether it works?

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
In some VAG vehicles that button is the voice activated dialling control, in others (even with the same head unit) it works only as a mute button.

On the original firmware the button just muted the radio

On the latest firmware it brings up a phone menu

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
On the original firmware the button just muted the radio

On the latest firmware it brings up a phone menu

Sorry my bad was talking about 315. Does the voice dialling on Leon, but just mutes radio in Passat, not sure if it brings up phone menu - never use it tbh just use menu buttons.

riandris

Hi AndrewJB,
can you advise which file i should download. I run RNS310 , SEAT Media system 2.0 , software V 0212 ?

iDonnie

Tmy just mutes the radio when i press it...

Hi, i've got the same issue. All works good with the navi, but when i press PHONE there isn't a BT menu... it just mutes the radio... i did 227 --> 351 --> 351 --> 357

have you found a solution?? :help:
thx in advance

ps
Nice to meet all of u!

burrell

Nov 27, 2009
Falkirk
Does anyone know if the update enables bluetooth audio? My phone menus etc all work now from the head unit but still the bluetooth audio option is there in the menu and still it doesn't seem to work.

I asked this question a while back and got no response ... can anyone shed any light on this please?

Should bluetooth audio be working? Because I turn mine on and i've tried different phones and it just wont play audio. Handsfree etc works fine.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.