Niallain's Mk3 Leon FR 184 SC

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
This is a thread to show off my car and what I'm doing to it. Also for a handy diary of what I've done to the car when. Enjoy! :)

This is my 2014 Mk3 Seat Leon FR 184 SportCoupe

I'm the second owner and picked this up on May 2nd 2017 with 10,300 miles on the clock.

Car has the following options fitted from the factory

• Alor Blue Paint
  • Technology Pack
  • Titanium Pack
  • LED Interior Illumination Pack
  • Winter Pack
  • Alcantara Seats
  • SEAT Sound
  • Electric Sunroof
  • Space saver spare wheel

Some pictures the day I collected it (after my 150 mile drive home)

VYRr1al.jpg

zlyzWJO.jpg

eLIr48l.jpg

BIbzyOu.jpg

Pictures of the interior to come soon.

First modification was done on May 17th. Added stronger boot struts to make use of the boot release on the key fob. Struts were bought from the below link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-STABIL...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Video of them in action
https://gfycat.com/TangibleVapidIvorygull

23rd May I added a new rear wiper. Stopped the scraping noise from the old one.

Just received OBDEleven today (July 5th), made some modification that I will detail in the next post.

Mods planned:
  • LED's for front fog lights
  • LED's for rear fog lights
  • LED's for rear indicators
  • LED for reversing light
  • Auto lights and wipers (No convenience pack)

Thanks for reading :)

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Received my Pro version of OBDeleven this week so I performed the following modifications

• Rear lights as DRL's
  • One touch mirror fold
  • Needle sweep with ignition on

Also upgraded my MIB1 system from version 415 to version 480. Noticed that the satnav and all other menus seem slightly faster, would definitely recommend this upgrade. I followed the guide in the post linked below. Let me know if the download link is dead, I can provide the software.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4702744&postcount=72

Just leaving the rest of this post as a guide to clear error code B201A00 as I had some issues with it after the software upgrade. Hope this helps someone else out in the future.

Seat Leon trouble code B201A00

1. Select the information control unit module
2. Adapations
3. Confirmation of installation change
4. Make a note of this value. Mine is shown below
VU5JKcW.png

5. Use a hex XOR calculator like the one linked below
http://www.miniwebtool.com/bitwise-calculator/

6. Enter YOUR value for "confirmation of installation change" into input 1 and the value "C9D2" for input 2 and perform XOR function. Shown below
3qptkXH.png

7. Go back to "confirmation of installation change" and input the new hexadecimal value you got from the calculator. In my case it was "4125"

8. Write the value and the error will disappear.

WhiteCupra290

Forrest H
Jul 31, 2016
Fife, Scotland
Hey buddy how straight forward/easy were the boot struts to fit? I've just ordered them off the back of watching your video :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Hey buddy how straight forward/easy were the boot struts to fit? I've just ordered them off the back of watching your video :)

Very easy, 5 minute job if you're slow.

Took me about 20 minutes because I'm stupid though :lol::lol:

Just need a flathead screwdriver to release the catch of the current ones. Make sure you take both of them off before fitting otherwise the boot won't go high enough. You'll need someone to give you a hand by holding the boot up so it doesn't drop on you.

WhiteCupra290

Forrest H
Jul 31, 2016
Fife, Scotland
Perfect thanks man! Look forward to fitting them!

Also would my main dealer be able to update the sat nav to that new layout?

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Perfect thanks man! Look forward to fitting them!

Also would my main dealer be able to update the sat nav to that new layout?

I'm guessing you mean the software update? That doesn't change the layout of the satnav, just fixed a few bugs and makes the interface a bit more responsive.

A main dealer will probably be able to do it for you for what I guess will be an extortionate price. There's plenty of threads on here that detail the process and provide the files for MIB1 and MIB2 systems.

WhiteCupra290

Forrest H
Jul 31, 2016
Fife, Scotland
I'm guessing you mean the software update? That doesn't change the layout of the satnav, just fixed a few bugs and makes the interface a bit more responsive.

A main dealer will probably be able to do it for you for what I guess will be an extortionate price. There's plenty of threads on here that detail the process and provide the files for MIB1 and MIB2 systems.

Ah I have a 16 plate leon and my screen looks totally different so I'm guessing yours is a facelift?

WhiteCupra290

Forrest H
Jul 31, 2016
Fife, Scotland
Hey buddy could you post some photos of the boot struts fitted? Going to have a crack tomorrow and would just like a couple photos for reference and any advice you can give :)

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Bought myself a private plate as a 21st birthday present

0zvCfqG.jpg

I've also ordered some plates with spaces where they shouldn't be which I'll displaying once it arrives. Legal plates will stay in the boot just in case I ever get pulled over.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Received my Pro version of OBDeleven this week so I performed the following modifications

• Rear lights as DRL's
  • One touch mirror fold
  • Needle sweep with ignition on

Also upgraded my MIB1 system from version 415 to version 480. Noticed that the satnav and all other menus seem slightly faster, would definitely recommend this upgrade. I followed the guide in the post linked below. Let me know if the download link is dead, I can provide the software.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4702744&postcount=72

Just leaving the rest of this post as a guide to clear error code B201A00 as I had some issues with it after the software upgrade. Hope this helps someone else out in the future.

Seat Leon trouble code B201A00

1. Select the information control unit module
2. Adapations
3. Confirmation of installation change
4. Make a note of this value. Mine is shown below
VU5JKcW.png

5. Use a hex XOR calculator like the one linked below
http://www.miniwebtool.com/bitwise-calculator/

6. Enter YOUR value for "confirmation of installation change" into input 1 and the value "C9D2" for input 2 and perform XOR function. Shown below
3qptkXH.png

7. Go back to "confirmation of installation change" and input the new hexadecimal value you got from the calculator. In my case it was "4125"

8. Write the value and the error will disappear.

can this be done with vagcom

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Some small modifications this morning.

Fitted heated fan washers. Very easy mod to do, screenwash is now so much better.
I bought the heated ones from the below link
https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?orderId=85446921018009&productId=32491499252

No longer available from this seller but you can still use the part numbers.

Did some additional modifications with OBDeleven also

Changed reverse light to max intensity (until I replace with a LED)
Alarm chirp when locking
Active fog lights when cornering
Show drive profile in gauge cluster screen with ignition on
Third brake light on with boot open

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Side skirts and tailgate spoiler have been fitted.
Total cost of £482, much better than the £995 that SEAT advertise!

gEOAsNt.jpg

Ky3MV86.jpg

Really improves the look of the car.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.