strut brace for leon

jezza49

cupra tdi 150
Jul 1, 2008
maidstone, kent
ARB`s are at the lower of the engine anti roll bars and strut brace fits on top of the front suspension mouts to help prevent flex from the chasis,i know i probly havent worded that great but would imagen il be corrected lol;)

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Well, as they are essentially a competition items and fitted as a matter of course to rally cars, etc then I suppose they do help the handling by tieing together the front end. Difficult for me to say if the strut brace alone improved the handling as I fitted a lower brace, Eibach arb's & coil overs all at the same time.... Bound to make a difference though.

Robb1990

May 14, 2008
Doubt ill be fitting a strut brace, but just wondering. If you fit one when the front wheels are in the air, will it make a difference as apposed to the car being on the floor with the weight on its wheels? Im thinking this because the strut brace stops movement in the strut turrets right? so take the weight off them, the turrets move out, put the brace on, they stay there, so effectively there may be some slight camber on the wheels.

Do it on the floor, with the weight on the 'road' turrets are closer, ie where your tracking was set, so camber shouldnt be affected?

Am i right? or just over thinking things?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Doubt ill be fitting a strut brace, but just wondering. If you fit one when the front wheels are in the air, will it make a difference as apposed to the car being on the floor with the weight on its wheels? Im thinking this because the strut brace stops movement in the strut turrets right? so take the weight off them, the turrets move out, put the brace on, they stay there, so effectively there may be some slight camber on the wheels.

Do it on the floor, with the weight on the 'road' turrets are closer, ie where your tracking was set, so camber shouldnt be affected?

Am i right? or just over thinking things?

you are correct yes :) i think the main problem is if you jack up one side of the car, tighten up the brace that side; and then do they other side.. then the struts will not be held in a level position. When i fitted mine i fully tightened it after lowering the car back to the ground.:)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.