Headunit upgrade - wiring novice!

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Hi guys and girls, it's been a long time since I've been on here!

I have a 2010 Altea XL SE TDI and have bought a Pioneer SPH-DA120 touchscreen Apple CarPlay head unit.

Now, I've done some searching on here but have got myself very confused. I see people have fitted this unit in other models but not specifically my model of XL.

Basically looking for advice on which adaptors to buy to retain the steering wheel controls. I know I'll need an aerial adaptor too but again, which one?

And recommendations for the fascia, aftermarket or go for a genuine Seat part?

Any help much appreciated!

lleiro

Feb 16, 2017
I dont know which is your oem headunit but I fit a dension gateway 300 and an ipod cable on my 07 altea and everything works perfectly! wheel controls and MFD. Couldnt be happier with it

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Thanks for all the advice, thought I had replied!

So I went to fit the kits, leads and stereo work perfectly but I had a problem with the Connect 2 fascia. Firstly it was very very tight, and two clips broke when putting it in so that's going back, but also, I couldn't fit the Pioneer HU trim piece when the fascia was in and vice versa, couldn't fit the fascia when the trim piece was fitted.

Any ideas?

I've read that Seat do two surrounds, one with rounded corners for RNS style units and one with right angle corners for aftermarket units. Anyone shed some light on this please?

Couple of phone calls to Seat and TPS and they only quote for rounded corner ones.

Terry1235

Sep 3, 2017
Paignton
Hi guys sorry to hi-jack this thread but need help with Bluetooth problems for rns 510.

I've had fascias for the altea and they need modifying for some double din units. The rounded corners is for the rns stereos and has a slightly larger opening. The fascia my need yellow clips .

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.