iTB Ibiza Cupra 16v Track Toy - Engine Rebuild, Aero & More Page 73+

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
any up dates dave?

Cars had a bump need a whole now front end, apart from the bonnet well until the wind blew that up and damaged it :cry::cry::cry:

Missed out on going to the ring and been thinking of selling up and get something else until I sat in her on the weekend to start removing the door cards, started it because it hadn't run for about 2 weeks and found the love again :funk:

Just trying to source parts now :confused:

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Agreed there dont get rid mate!u carnt!what happend to the front end?your not the only who need front end parts!i need headlight,front pannel bumper, grill, wing bonnet!so thinkin of puting a mk3 front on!

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well I need a bit more.....

Slam Panel
Headlights
Bumper with all the trimings
Splitter
Bonnet
Both the wings have a bit of rust so will be changing them
Tailgate..... rust around the window (think it's had a bump in the past) :(

One of my mates have managed to get me dealer parts at a nice price but I haven't seen the list yet.

Rich I think all the parts need to change it to the mk3 front end I need but I love the mk2 shape and I want the 20vT boys around here know it's a mk2 on the bumper laughing hehe.

Oh and the car is staying.... reasons:

Lotus I want is way too much for my liking at the mo and the Evo is stupid on insurance plus then I started the car on the weekend...... the luminess made me wet :drool: Also when I'm all grown up with a house I want the snot machine for track use [B)]

Along with the full respray I'm removing all the sound deadening, fitting a varley red top battery in the rear, maybe the water bottle and having the inside sprayed.

Oh something to do with the dashboard

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
haha i guess thats a good reason to keep the mk2 front!i want an evo but the wife has clicked that its not just a 5door family car with a big boot!well aleast you can admit your a snotty buger lol!
anyway good look mate and keep up the good work and when your feeling down start her up grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Glad you've decided to keep it Dave:)

Was going to offer you some money for the cage though!

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well had the price list and everything new from Seat with some discount is gonna cost me £773 with vat......... :cry:

But it would have cost me £1299! :blink:

Last edited:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Yea hopefully ordering my brand new parts this week if all goes to plans. Order some DTM Mirrors, black bonnet pins and carbon fibre door cards today so waiting for them aswell.

The exhaust is a custom one was thinking magnex or simpson while ago but it's pulling good power for the mods so think its best to sit wiv it.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
So a little update on how my parts are going:

Got new parts from Dealer:

Bonnet
Both wings
Slam Panel
Bumper and all the grilles and trim
Headlights
Fog lights

Basically the whole front end.

Ordered my carbon fibre door cards and thinking of perspex windows to :)

Looking into a racing battery, found a place by me that makes them and he's pretty sound so I've been told.

Gonna be ordering a aluminium rad and fit my red samco hoses

Still need to get hold of a tailgate so if anyone knows for one, please let me know!!!!!

Alloys should be back looking better than new either this weekend or the next and once I have them the car will be lifted a bit because I think it's too low now.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.